MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:32 PM   #1
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil
Default ***ROLL CALL*** Northport L.I. BBQ Brethren Salute to our Troops and Veterans

BBQ Brethren to cook a BBQ lunch to Thank our troops for there service and sacrifice.

The head count is 1000-1200 Veterans, the date is August 24th at the Northport VA Hospital. All meats, rubs, sauces are supplied by Suffolk county Police Department and Main street meats. We need LARGE Cookers and lots of hands.

Menu: Briskets, Butts(or loins), chicken, ribs, sausage, burgers, dogs and dessert.

Arrival is Friday afternoon to start prepping. Serving starts noon Saturday.

Roll call so far... taken from other thread. If you cant make it let me know.
Confirmed in bold.

Me - Big Double lang 84 and FE
Gotham City Grillers
-Pit
Blazin Buttz - 2 FE
Mr Dirt BBQ - Big Pit
Westex
Grim Reaper - Lang 84 / Grill
Tbone and the riblets (?? from Iowa ??)
Scotty Springs
Bmonkman
Semper Que BBQ
Grill Scouts and Santa - FE
Buenos Diaz - Grill

obviously we need alot of pit space.. if you have a big pit, and can make it..chime on in!

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2013, 08:01 PM   #2
motoeric
Babbling Farker

The Grill Scouts will be there w/ Santa.

How many non-cooks do you need?

Eric

A BBQ Brethren Publication
2 Thessalonians 2:15
Exodus 12:9
motoeric is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2013, 09:21 PM   #3
BBQchef33

will be talking to SCPD tomorrow about # of volunteers and will then have an idea.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM

Old 08-08-2013, 05:26 AM   #4
timzcardz
Babbling Farker

Confirming that I am still a definite.
Weber Genesis Silver x 2
Weber One Touch Gold
Weber Performer x 2
Weber Smokey Joe
Bottle of Absolut
Bottle of Beer
Everything Ripken, "Cards and Que. One tastes of cardboard, the other sweet blue." ©
timzcardz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2013, 07:06 AM   #5
MikeR
is One Chatty Farker

Grim Reaper Smokers, all present and accounted for- SIR!

GRIM REAPER SMOKERS [B]-[/B] [I]"BBQ To Die For"[FONT=verdana, arial]™ [/FONT][/I]Under the [B]"LENIENT"[/B] direction of Pit Master Tim.

22.5 OTG, 18.5 OTS, 18.5 WSM, Chargriller Duo with optional side fire box.
[COLOR=red]"Founders Club" Operation BBQ Relief.[/COLOR]
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #6
Westexbbq
somebody shut me the fark up.

Confirming that I am a definite as well, an honor to be involved in an event such as this.
Texas International Pop Festival, Labor Day 1969.
IMBAS Certified.
Just roll me up and smoke me when I die.
Always remember, no matter where ya go,
there you are.
I wanna tell you 'bout Texas radio and the big beat.
Someday, I hope to visit Penelope.
Hondo Crouch, Famous Late Mayor of Lunkenbach, Texas who advocated a 'dillo diet: "You can eat nothing but armadillos for a month, but you will have to run down and catch all the armadillos you eat and it can really take the weight off!"

Westexbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2013, 11:10 PM   #7
BBQchef33

gonna need some big pits.. as of now its the double lang, 3 FE's, and porkmasters beast along with Mr dirts super tank.. Need a couple more.

News Flash:

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM

Old 08-09-2013, 12:28 PM   #8
speedrcer1
is One Chatty Farker

I'm in.
I likely can get some Boy Scouts to come help Saturday as well if needed.
speedrcer1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-10-2013, 05:52 PM   #9
Nygfan2283
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Default I'd love to help

I don't have much to offer in the way of equipment but if you need an extra set of hands, I would love to help. I dont have much experience but I would love to learn from the guys here. Im hard working, reliable and willing to do what is needed.
Nygfan2283 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 08-10-2013, 08:31 PM   #10
speedrcer1
is One Chatty Farker

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sounds like our kinda guy!
speedrcer1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-14-2013, 02:53 PM   #11
motoeric
Babbling Farker

Mike from Buenos Diaz said that he'll be coming. He'll bring his grill and some other cookers.

How many 'regular people' volunteers are needed?

Eric

A BBQ Brethren Publication
2 Thessalonians 2:15
Exodus 12:9
motoeric is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 08-14-2013, 05:30 PM   #12
BBQchef33

aside from all the cooks and pit folks. 10-15 volunteers needed as runners and to help keep things organized

News Flash:

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM

Old 08-15-2013, 12:08 AM   #13
BBQchef33

Big Poppa has generously donated 50 lbs of money and Sweet Money rubs to the event! Thanks Big Poppa! We still need some large pits if anyone can bring one down.

News Flash:

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM

Thanks from: --->
Old 08-15-2013, 08:35 AM   #14
early mornin' smokin'
is One Chatty Farker

I really want to help out, and i've got the pit space, problem is i've got to be out of there by 8am, i've got an engagement party at noon, that if i'm late to, the lady will have my nard's mounted on maple. let me know what i can do

Old 08-15-2013, 09:15 AM   #15
timzcardz
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by early mornin' smokin' View Post
I really want to help out, and i've got the pit space, problem is i've got to be out of there by 8am, i've got an engagement party at noon, that if i'm late to, the lady will have my nard's mounted on maple. let me know what i can do
Is it YOUR engagement party?

If not, then don't worry about it.

If so, then don't worry about. You'll thank us later.
Weber Genesis Silver x 2
Weber One Touch Gold
Weber Performer x 2
Weber Smokey Joe
Bottle of Absolut
Bottle of Beer
Everything Ripken, "Cards and Que. One tastes of cardboard, the other sweet blue." ©
timzcardz is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->