What's your favorite use of mayonaise?

1. General spread for sandwiches
2. Chicken salad, I can chicken breasts so it takes about 5 minutes to shred the chicken, add seasonings, chopped onion, celery, peppers etc., and I have chicken salad.
3. Remoulade sauce, more popular with fish, boiled shrimp, fish or crab cakes, but it's killer on French fries.

Not sure how true this is.... but years ago a guy told me the reason so many hamburger joints put a light layer of mayo on their buns was to act as a barrier so that other liquids (like grease from the meat or tomato pulp) would not leech into the bun and make it soggy.

Home made on salad
Or as a crumb holder on Chicken etc
Don,t like store bought

On bread for sandwiches or on hamburger buns in lieu of ketchup

As a base to hold rub on chicken or pork. It keeps poultry moist due to the oil component and tends to hold better than just oil.

And in pimento cheese or a honey mustard dip (honey mustard is mayo base, plus Dijon mustard to taste, honey and a touch of onion powder and a smidgen of white pepper - try it). Fried chicken fingers or nuggets dipped in this honey mustard are the bomb! But it also works for fries, onion rings, and ham or even slathered on a sandwich.

Good on all things mentioned. Tuna salad, egg salad, and deviled eggs not mentioned, but if forced to pick one I gotta go with BLT.

I like tartar sauce. This looks like a good recipe.

How to Make the Best Tartar Sauce
PREP 10minsTOTAL 10mins

This easy homemade tartar sauce is extra creamy and perfect when served next to shrimp, fish sticks, crab cakes, and even roasted veggies.

Makes about 3/4 cup
YOU WILL NEED
1/2 cup mayonnaise, try homemade mayonnaise

1 small dill pickle, chopped very small (3 tablespoons)

1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste

1 tablespoon capers, chopped, optional

1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill

1/2 to 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard, optional

Salt and fresh ground black pepper

DIRECTIONS
Combine the mayonnaise, pickles, lemon juice, capers, dill, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard in a small bowl and stir until well blended and creamy.

Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Taste then adjust with additional lemon juice, salt, and pepper. For the best flavor, cover and store in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.

Keep, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for one week.

Use mustard the majority of the time but when I use mayo It's Blue Plate.

Back