1st Cook on the Smoke Daddy Pellet Pro 440

pjtexas1

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Really just a test cook. Fatty and beef ribs. Ran at 225 for an hour and 275 the rest of the time. Used about a pound of pellets per hour.
d10194ff359bda699b078fef153e5c76.jpg
20ff8c7f07899b53643f99fc566c0c4f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Seriously, thats all you’ve got to say?!?! The food looks killer... c’mon man, you’ve got to elaborate. Whatcha think? Initial impressions? Sheesh [emoji849]

I’ll take two of the ribs and some broccoli salad please!

Nice. Very nice. :thumb:. So were you sold on using a pellet cooker regularly?

Nice. Very nice. :thumb:. So were you sold on using a pellet cooker regularly?
I think so. For sure when I'm in a hurry.
So the giant pan is basically a deflector for all the heat form the heat arm?
It's a drip/ grease pan that is angled towards the grease drain channel that drips into a bucket. The heat deflector is beneath the drip pan. Although the grease pan does divert heat... so maybe.

I’m not going to start a smoke ring thread, it usually devolves into beans vs no beans. But I’m getting the most beautiful smoke ring off my pellet cooker. Yours looks perfect
This article explains it. Colder meat at a couple hours lower heat with a good rub.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/bbq/the-science-of-the-smoke-ring/

On other cookers Id let them advance to 275* give or take before placing the meat. Now it goes in somewhat cold and sits in there at 225* for a couple hours.

Another advantage to pellet. While that ring may not affect taste, it does have an effect on how most non Q folks view it.

Back