• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

prices

MuddHonda

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
I was getting prices on parts for a UDS at a local building supply store, a 22" webber grill $40 and a grate $23 plus $15-20 for shipping or I could buy a new complete one for $129.99 and have a dome cover. Also seen the big Green Egg for the first time, Mini $399 on sale, Med $1241 and a large $1400 never asked what they wanted for the extra Lg. I can say I'll never have one at those prices!!

Comparing a Weber 22" to a Ceramic Grill is not apples to apples. $1400 seems kind of high for a Large BGE though. It really comes down to what you are going to use it for whether you can justify the cost of ceramic. I have a Primo, not BGE, but I can put on a Pork Shoulder, set my temperature and never have to open the grill until my digital thermometer goes off. My last shoulder took 14.5 hours at 250 degrees and I used less than 4lbs of lump charcoal.

hit craigslist. also target has stuff on sale at times purty cheap.

I was getting prices on parts for a UDS at a local building supply store, a 22" webber grill $40 and a grate $23 plus $15-20 for shipping or I could buy a new complete one for $129.99 and have a dome cover. Also seen the big Green Egg for the first time, Mini $399 on sale, Med $1241 and a large $1400 never asked what they wanted for the extra Lg. I can say I'll never have one at those prices!!

those BGE prices are almost double that they go for elsewhere unless they are thowing in every possible eggcessory.

those BGE prices are almost double that they go for elsewhere unless they are thowing in every possible eggcessory.

I paid the same for my Large and Small BGE. He is from Canada. They think we are rich up here. I live near Toronto and prices are the same. I did get them to throw in the plate setter for both. At that price I figured they owed me something.

Wayne

All Canadians are rich. Stop trying to mislead us.

Just because I take my eggs out for a boat ride once in a while doesnt mean anyhthing ;)

most-expensive-yacht-octopus-12.jpg

No ACE hardware, No Target & craigs list not big, people use kijiji & I have been checking. Only 2 places in the city that sell Green Eggs. Most people give you a funny look when you ask if the have Big Green Eggs.

Bob,I scored a kettle for $10 on the weekend.I have been looking since March and when I got her home she doesn't fit my drum.I will try to find a drum that fits my cover if I do your welcome to my drum with the lid.I found some parts at a targets in the states last mounth.

I got a unlined open drum with lid(free),nipples(free),valve free),expanded metal basket 6"x15" round(free),handle for lid (free),thermo $3 at HD,I checked at Brunswick Sheet metal and they want $100 + tax to sand blast my barrel. Back to the grinder I guess.

I was in Menards today, and they had 22" grates for 8.99, endless supply. I keep waiting for them to go on clearance, but no luck as of yet. I built my drum for less than 40, of course the drum was free.

Back