Brisktionary

AustinKnight

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Did a choice brisket today wet aged it for 60 days smoked it fat side up for a hour n half at 225 with B&B oak and oaks splits. Flipped the meat fat side down and ramped up the temp to 350 for another hour n half then wrapped ....you guessed it butcher paper. Total cook time 4h 20min, 4 hour rest in a cooler.

P3240015.JPG

P3240013.JPG

P3240030.JPG

P3240032.JPG

Brethren this was a awesome brisket one of the best ones I have ever cooked, I will say I really do believe wet aging did play a big part in my finished product now I want to wet age a prime brisket. As for tenderness it was fork tender I was really shocked because I have done so many butcher paper briskets so many different ways, around 60 that this one was it. I'm not sure if it was aging it for so long or cooking it meat side down wrapped braising it in it's own juices tell it was prob tender (205) but if it was from aging I want to do 70 days with the same technique. I'll post a video in a few day's when I get time.

Curious as to why it rested for 4 hrs. Part of your process, or just didn't need it for 4 hrs? Looks great BTW and I am planning to test a fast cook shortly (when I catch them on sale... my God, why are they so expensive?? lol).

Back