Costco CAB Prime brisket--SoCal brethren step in..

Went to my Costco here in Honolulu last night, and saw that they finally had Prime Tri Tip. Except, they cut it in strips :doh:

Could be Moose. I guess it depends on their meat distributors for each region. The two near me are both Fresh Fare Ralphs' and while I haven't tried the Tri Tips I'm not too impressed with the rest of the stuff. Not trying to sound snobby or anything. The only thing I like is the dry aged ribeyes from there which were really good. They dry age it in house and call you once it's done. Good stuff for sure.

It seems like the location on Ventura west of White Oak has the best beef of any of the Ralph's in the valley. A lot of the other locations only carry select, and it's crap, although still better than Von's. I definitely plan to check out Harmony Farms in LaCanada very soon, thanks for the heads up on that. :thumb:

Have you also tried Huntington Meats in the LA Farmer's market? They carry SNF, as well as prime hanger steak...

It seems like the location on Ventura west of White Oak has the best beef of any of the Ralph's in the valley. A lot of the other locations only carry select, and it's crap, although still better than Von's. I definitely plan to check out Harmony Farms in LaCanada very soon, thanks for the heads up on that. :thumb:

Have you also tried Huntington Meats in the LA Farmer's market? They carry SRF, as well as prime hanger steak...

You're welcome! You're right on Vons.:doh: I don't buy select at all.

I used to buy from Huntington Meats and Marconda's at the Farmers market. Since I frequent Harmony Farms I hardly go there anymore (hate the drive/traffic/parking). I tried and love their SRF products though.:thumb:

P.S.

McCall's in Los Feliz is outstanding as well. Excellent quality products. I've treated myself to their 41 day dry aged ribeyes they get once a year for Christimas last year. The most I've paid for a steak and I'll leave it at that. :shocked: That would be my first choice in absolute impeccable meats. Their like the Ferrari in butcher shops/meats around the area IMHO. They are my special occasion butcher shop. They carry SRF as well.

Last edited:
You're welcome! You're right on Vons.:doh: I don't buy select at all.

I used to buy from Huntington Meats and Marconda's at the Farmers market. Since I frequent Harmony Farms I hardly go there anymore (hate the drive/traffic/parking). I tried and love their SNF products though.:thumb:

Try Brandt Beef you can will call in Buena park.

Yup.. It was. You darn guys got so much they realized it was a hot buy they took the prices up. Lol. Never got to get one :(

I kinda had a feeling it wouldn't last long so I stocked up. :heh:

Costco Prime Brisket

I went to the Costco at the District last week and they had some in the back. The Meat Manager came out and said they were priced too low so he up'd the price to 6.99. I slowly put the brisket down and walked away.

Then I went to Irvine Costco and they still had a ton of them for $2.59. Finished smoking one today and it is beautiful. Have two more in the freezer. Excel brand...

Benn lurking for a while and just registered!

Thou shalt not covet your brethren's briskets.
Thou shalt not covet your brethren's briske...

(It's not working.) :oops:

Never heard of McCalls i shall try one of these days. Sev i agree about the damn craziness of the LA area/huntington meat market. I remember you stating that Harmony calls you when they get fresh meat? What do they normally bring in? Ive purchased a nice Butt from them before and it was a good piece of A$$ i mean Butt.

Thou shalt not covet your brethren's briske...

(It's not working.) :oops:

Forgive me. :cry:

Never heard of McCalls i shall try one of these days. Sev i agree about the damn craziness of the LA area/huntington meat market. I remember you stating that Harmony calls you when they get fresh meat? What do they normally bring in? Ive purchased a nice Butt from them before and it was a good piece of A$$ i mean Butt.

I order whatever I want and once they bring it in I get "the call" Capish? It's Sak not Sev:thumb: I order wagyu steaks, tri tip, briskets etc. is what I mean. Pretty much anything you want.

McCall's is amazing though brother. Give em a try.

I order whatever I want and once they bring it in I get "the call" Capish? It's Sak not Sev:thumb: I order wagyu steaks, tri tip, briskets etc. is what I mean. Pretty much anything you want.

McCall's is amazing though brother. Give em a try.

Forgive me Sak, slipped my mind. I will try them out thanks

Holy cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know the Prime briskies were becoming popular here but they cost as much as Prime Rib now.:shock: From 2.69/lb to 6.99/lb??

I get Wagyu briskets at that price

20131126_182006.jpg

Back