Weber Performer Silver - Is this a newer model ?

MilitantSquatter

Reaction score
I came across this Weber Performer Silver.. I don't recall seeing this before... Is this a fairly new model ?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Weber-1401001-Performer-Silver-Charcoal/dp/B0098HR1H6/ref=sr_1_14?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1356884743&sr=1-14"]Amazon.com: Weber 1401001 Performer Silver Charcoal Grill, Black: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

2Q==

41ErUg1o1RL._SY355_.jpg

Reason being, I'm going to be moving in a few months to NC. Right now I have an older 22 Weber OTS... it's beat up and I don't plan to move it. When I get to the new house in NC, I am going to need a grill and don't plan on gas. I've considered the Performer Platinum, but waivered a bit on the extra $ for the gas assist that I don't think I'd use, timer that I don't think I'd use but the performer always had the side table which I like.

I was likely going to go with the Gold, but this new Silver model removes the options I don't really need but still gives me a very small side table, but just enough to put down meat, tongs etc.May be the good solution for me and for the extra $, I can fill savings with the Craycort cast iron grates. Otherwise I may just go Performer Gold for $50 more than this new Silver.

I think the gold comes with the side charcoal holders... silver does not. What I also find odd is on the Weber site, it notes that the charcoal grate comes with the Platinum, but not noted for Gold and Silver.. this seems odd.. I'm thinking they just don't list it to better justify the difference.. but every Weber I had, always comes with a charcoal grate.

If I remember correctly this is a new model. Someone had started a thread about 2013 weber models and this was one that came up. Don't know bout the charcoal grate. I had seen them on Targets web page. Hope this helps

Yes, it's a new model. I've seen it in person. I personally like the extra storage and features of the bigger performers, but it would be nice to have if you don't need the features the the bigger ones offer. I would probably pick this up before I got the Gold Kettle just because the cart is more sturdy than the tripod legs.

yeap, new model. just came out. i like the little table that can be lowered and put away. the cart is alot nicer than the 3 wheels and it comes w/ thermo on top. its the one i would like to get also.

Just a guess on my part, but I think Weber may have decided to add this to the lineup this year in lieu of the discontinued One Touch Platinum model (two side tables) that has a couple annoying design choices not present in the Performers. Saw a silver on display, looks nice! Wish it came in blue. :doh:

If you like the lid holder (I don't), go with the new silver. Otherwise go OTG.

I don't like the lid holders either... its pretty much the only thing i did not really like about my performer though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

i really like this model. perfect for someone who is limited on storage space....like me. i still havent got a removable side table for my 22.5 OTG so i use whatever is around.

If you like the lid holder (I don't), go with the new silver. Otherwise go OTG.

I don't like the lid holders either... its pretty much the only thing i did not really like about my performer though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

What's the issue with the lid holder ? My OTS did not have one but I've used other peoples Webers and they had the holder. I never paid much attention to it, but it seemed functional and not a problem... What am I missing ?

What's the issue with the lid holder ? My OTS did not have one but I've used other peoples Webers and they had the holder. I never paid much attention to it, but it seemed functional and not a problem... What am I missing ?

I just purchased a 2013 model Weber Performer Gold. i think the only difference from the previous Performer is that this one has a timer. It has the lid holder. It holds it on a weird angle where it makes it tough to use that side of the grill. It doesn't cover it up, it just (kinda hovers) over the top where that side of the grill is not as accessible. If you've ever watched BBQ Pit Boys, you'll notice they just lean it up against the grill on the ground. I plan on bolting a hook under the lid like the other Weber models so I can hang it from the lid holder so it's not laying on my patio and I'll have full access to the cooking surface.

I love my lid holder on my platinum. The one on the silver looks about the same.

It seems like the one pictured is a good alternative to the Performer Gold (which does not include gas ignition) if you are tight on space. I'd bet a smoker full of pulled pork that all Weber charcoal grills (with the possible exception of the GA or Q with which I am not familiar) include charcoal grates.

It seems quite expensive for just a small side table. It's showing up as $229 on Walmart. I'd just search on CL in your new area. But that's just me being cheap.

Back