MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Discussion and Reflection > Our Fallen Brother

Notices

Our Fallen Brother Brethren. The threads in this forum are in memory of a fallen brother. Please read what has transpired the week of 9/3/06 and say a prayer for KCquer and his family.

Old 09-03-2010, 11:19 PM   #211
SmokeInDaEye
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrothead View Post
Here are some of the best pics to add in to the post whenever it goes out front.

I miss him already. A lot.
The loss of a brother four years ago still feels as real to me today as it did then and to look back at these pics reinforces why I am still here. Four years ago, I felt like a dumb Texas boy trying to hold my own against a click of bbq guys on the interwebs.

Then I started my smoker outside the garage to cook some meat based off of a couple tips I had picked up at my new favorite site, bbq brethren, and spent the night watching the pit, reading back through threads that I hadn't been part of. I remember reading stories of Scott and his grandkids that night and thinking how good it was to be part of his/our family. A racoon attacked me, I got my cook done (using apple at the time but cherry since), and I have continued to grow and learn thanks to scott and the legacy he left us. After I eventually heard the news, I remember walking in to my bedroom in tears, trying to explain to my wife what had happened. But she understood. My passion for my friends here is beyond words.
Gen II Komodo Kamado, Pit Barrel Cooker, 3x 18.5" WSMs, 22.5" WSM, modified 18.5" Weber Kettle, 22.5" Weber Kettle circa 1960ish, Weber One Touch Platinum, copper Weber Smokey Joe, La Caja China, Bubba Keg, Bodom Picnic Grill, Weber Genesis
SmokeInDaEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->

Old 05-06-2011, 10:13 PM   #212
Jeff S.
Full Fledged Farker

Default In Honor Of...

After talking to Captain Ron, I have decided to change the team name to Sweet Blue Que.

I see it as a tribute to a great man, who made many friends in Que, both on and offline.

I will conduct myself as a Bretheren should, and anyone cooking with me will do the same.

Sweet Blue Que took a third place overall in a local comp last Saturday!

Our New banner

Jeff S.

Trailer'd LownSlo 48" x 20" with a Char-Broil Grill
Hinged Dome UDS, Weber Kettle lid UDS
Weber Performer
[COLOR=red]Red (Super Lightning Fast)Lithium-Ion powered ThermoPen[/COLOR]
2 Modded ET-73's 2 stock '73's
IGrill
WSBA, PNWBA, KCBS, KCBS CBJ
It's the I behind the Eye that see's

Last edited by Jeff S.; 05-06-2011 at 10:55 PM..
Jeff S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:50 AM   #213
Solidkick
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default Five years ago today....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidkick View Post
This morning I received a phone call...you know the kind that you know could come at anytime but it's always the furthest thought in your mind....a phone call letting you know that a family member or friend has gone to glory.....

Friends.....our beloved KCQuer....Scott Cook, has passed......

I just spoke with him on the phone about 45 minutes yesterday. He had been having some health problems with his kidneys and had had some test run last week. We talked about his health, his Dr., then cooking, then grandkids.....he seemed to be in great spirits, all things considered.....

I received a phone call this morning on my cell phone....by the time I got to it, I could see it was from KC, but was in the process of leaving a message....I call my voice mail, and it's Jean's voice.....my heart sank immediately...message was to call as soon as I got the message....

Scott had his truck and trailer over at a storage facility....they were getting ready to build some new units and had called Scott to have him move them to a different location on the property...Jean said he went out the door with a tire pump cause a tire was low on the trailer, and some jumper cables in case the truck wouldn't start....and he went out the door with a smile on his face.....he wasn't back home after an hour and a half, so she goes over to the storage facility....she meets an ambulance at the entrance...leaving...she said she knew it was Scott....but unfortunately Scott wasn't in it....he was pronounced dead at the scene by the coroner's office. Autopsy results have not been released as of yet, but indications lean towards a massive stroke or heart attack.

Jean and family are to meet with the funeral home this afternoon for final arrangements and I will pass these along as I get them....

To my brother Scott.....I miss you already.....I loved you man!

Five years ago today I wrote this post...on a Labor Day weekend. I still think of you, my brother....and I don't cook a brisket that I don't think of our hours of conversation. I plan to light a chimney of cherry in your honor later tonight.

Rest In Peace my friend!

------------------------------------------------
Belly Brothers BBQ Team

"Sister Flame" Spicewine Trailer Smoker,Modified Bandera, Uni-Flame Chicken Cooker with a Spicewine Thermometer mod,Kingsford Barrel cooker and a super fast RED thermapen

KC always said "fat cap up!!
Solidkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:56 AM   #214
nthole
Babbling Farker

Wow...five years. Perhaps a turtle will man the perimeter tonight around my pits. Rest in peace indeed.
Pork Pistols BBQ
MOFO Illuminati

MOINK...It's what's for linner.
nthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:51 AM   #215
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

I still remember the call from Greg (Parrothead) with the sad news. It's rare that I don't use cherry in my smoker in honor or Scott! I still have the cherry wheel 'toilet paper' that he brought to Greg's house for everyone!

Here's the tree that we planted at Greg's old house in E's honor...

And here is Phil sharing a shot of Cabo with E...

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:30 AM   #216
bbqbull
Watching over us.

R.I.P. brother Scott.
bbqbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:13 PM   #217
big brother smoke