MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-02-2010, 12:35 PM   #1
sitnfat
is one Smokin' Farker

Default homemade smoker stokers

alright I am sure someone on this forum has tried it or seen them made we are wanting to get some stockers for our UDSs and dont wanna spend an arm and a leg we have 4 smokers so have any you fellas or ladies out therebuilt one or know someone who has we would like to try to build a few..
sitnfat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-02-2010, 12:46 PM   #2
Bigmista
somebody shut me the fark up.

Norcoredneck- The Macguyver of BBQ.

Rec Tec RT-700 Bull
Pitmaker Vault

Remembering Scott
Bigmista is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-02-2010, 12:52 PM   #3
moda253
On the road to being a farker

I'd be interested in this too. As much of a connect this to that type of tutorial as possible.
moda253 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-02-2010, 01:08 PM   #4
AzQer
Full Fledged Farker

I think you will find you are not saving that much with a homemade. If I remember the one Norcore made was some stuff he had and I think he said he worked with that type of electronics at work could be wrong though. As a Stoker owner I will tell you this for me its worth every penny.
just my 2 cents
SMG Smoker
Treager BBQ100
KCBS CBJ #24174
BBQ Brethren Arizona Chapter
BBQ Brethren Drum Corp
AzQer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-02-2010, 02:45 PM   #5
sitnfat
is one Smokin' Farker

well I have a good friend who just emailed me and he is gonna work one up for me i will keep you all posted
sitnfat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-02-2010, 02:48 PM   #6
Hotrodhog
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzQer View Post
I think you will find you are not saving that much with a homemade. If I remember the one Norcore made was some stuff he had and I think he said he worked with that type of electronics at work could be wrong though. As a Stoker owner I will tell you this for me its worth every penny.
just my 2 cents

Not to sound dumb, but could you tell us in your opinion why its worth every penny? I'm very curious now myself, is it to obtain higher temps in colder climates?

Thanks!
Hotrodhog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-02-2010, 02:53 PM   #7
jason
Full Fledged Farker

I don't have a Stoker or a Guru and I cannot tell you if they're worth it or not but no its not for obtaining higher temps in colder climates.

What a Stoker/BBQ Guru does do is monitor your pit temperature and increases or decreases air flow to your fire to try to maintain a target temperature. In other words, it makes your smoker work like an oven - set it and forget it.

Large Big Green Egg
22" Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker
jason is offline   Reply With Quote