• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Smithfield extra tender ribs in Tulsa?

Kaptain Kadian

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Anyone in the Tulsa area know of a place that sells smithfield extra tender ribs? I haven't been able to locate them anywhere locally. Thanks.

I've seen them randomly at reasors, sams and Walmart. Just hit or miss really. I think sprouts ribs are better especially when they are on sale.

They are slowly making their way to Walmart according to the lady from Smithfield I talked to. She said WM's in about 15 states have ordered the ETS with more coming in each day.

Walmart seems to be high pricing wise.i wish this was a private forum and I could tell ya more!

This is the response I got from Smithfield

Thank you for reaching out to us and for the compliment you pay us asking for our extra tender ribs.

I checked distribution and I am afraid I don't have good news.

I don't see any retailers in your area that have recently ordered the product. I will be sure to share your email with our sales team in hopes that it will help them gain distribution in your area in the future.

I wish I had a better answer.

Wendy Johnson
Smithfield Consumer Affairs
855-411-PORK

I have also been looking for swift premium st Louis cut spare ribs and can't find them anymore either. I found them at sprouts a while ago and when I went to buy them again, they were carrying ibp brand with their own label on them. I tried a couple of them and didn't like them.

So, according to walmart.com, I have "farmland extra tender" ribs at mine. Looks like Smithfield may have acquired farmland some time back and they may just be the same thing different label?

Have you talked to the meat manager at your local store(s)? Some of them are happy to go that extra step. If you have several stores and one manager orders it for you, well, now you have your favorite store. Wallmart, Sam's and Costco buy everything by the truck and trailer load**, so your time is probably better spent at the other places.

** I don't really know this for a fact, just guessing.

Walmart seems to be high pricing wise.i wish this was a private forum and I could tell ya more!

Post away on the inside info. Inquiring minds want to know. I see none in our stores within a 25 mile radius of Walmart corporate headquarters. I hear they have showed up in Branson, MO which is less than 100 miles away as the crow flies.

Or send me a direct message.

Thanks,

Robert

I had to run to our local Walmart Neighborhood store one night for a missing dinner ingredient. Happened to go by their "sale" case and some of those ET ribs caught my eye. Bought a couple racks and cooked them that next weekend. We loved them. Very meaty and really tender. Never saw them again. Asked, nope, we don't carry them. <sadness>

I even checked around with most every place I could and can't find them anywhere. I checked online, but the shipping was really high. I checked with a friend that I have that owns a restaurant and he is checking to see if he can get them, but doesn't look good

I even checked around with most every place I could and can't find them anywhere. I checked online, but the shipping was really high. I checked with a friend that I have that owns a restaurant and he is checking to see if he can get them, but doesn't look good

Did they sell them last year?

Walmart in my area have gotten in the 2 packs of the full spares in the frozen meats section. I have not been impressed with the quality of them just looking at them from the outside of the package. I recently bought a case of another brand of ribs and they are terrible. Does anyone have a picture of the quality of the ribs in their area? They are cheap, I need to buy a package and try them out anyway.

Back