Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Classic City BBQ Festival Aug 16 & 17

Wish we could!!! They wouldn't let us do BY since we've won "any award in any backyard division prior" (can't do Pro because another comp we're doing won't let us do BY if we've done a pro comp. before :crazy:). We'll try to come up and visit with everyone on Saturday though; it's only 45 minutes from our house and we love Athens!

Wish we could!!! They wouldn't let us do BY since we've won "any award in any backyard division prior" (can't do Pro because another comp we're doing won't let us do BY if we've done a pro comp. before :crazy:). We'll try to come up and visit with everyone on Saturday though; it's only 45 minutes from our house and we love Athens!

Sounds like "B&J's" BBQ needs to sign up. They have zero affiliation with "J&B's" if you catch my drift :becky:.

Beth - You need to steer clear of that Jason guy. He'll get you in trouble!

Stop by my site. Rumor has it that Jose Cuervo will be cooking with me!!!

I'm looking forward to this comp. 20 min from the house and it's been a while since I've competed. Pro side and Judges are full. Has anyone seen the payout break down?

I'm looking forward to this comp. 20 min from the house and it's been a while since I've competed. Pro side and Judges are full. Has anyone seen the payout break down?

Yeah after doing 4 competitions out of state it will be nice to have a close one. They don't have a payout breakout on the site. All KCBS shows is the pot is $10K.

There is a beer pong event at this contest as well?......or is that just at Pigs and Peaches the next weekend? or am I missing out....Is there a beer pong event at every comp?

Q-hutta will be there, but with no aspirations of winning anything. Way too many bars around to focus.

There is a beer pong event at this contest as well?......or is that just at Pigs and Peaches the next weekend? or am I missing out....Is there a beer pong event at every comp?

Yeah I was talking about pigs & peaches. Though I would gather with enough of the creative minds there we could scare up a setup in Athens if we wanted :clap2:.

Q-hutta will be there, but with no aspirations of winning anything. Way too many bars around to focus.

Ha. That's funny right there. I lived in Athens for 2.5yrs and miss downtown. Though seems like none of the same places are there. The bars are always changing.

Might be cheaper to stay and drink onsite :razz:. Plus you can watch the food closer :loco:.

The Pro Purse at the Classic City event is indeed $10,000.

I haven't seen a breakdown, but I assume it's the normal $2500 GC, $1500 RGC and $500-400-300-200-100 for each meat.

Or something close to that.

Sounds like "B&J's" BBQ needs to sign up. They have zero affiliation with "J&B's" if you catch my drift :becky:.

We did avoid the alphabetically correct version of our initials for a reason...the BJ order just didn't set well :becky:.

Beth - You need to steer clear of that Jason guy. He'll get you in trouble!

Stop by my site. Rumor has it that Jose Cuervo will be cooking with me!!!

Dave, if we make it up there on Friday we'll stop by and meet Mr. Cuervo! ha

Back