MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:15 PM   #1
HONCHO GREGORY
Knows what a fatty is.

Default WNY: Cross Border Blues, Brews, and Que

his is an announcement for an event in the Western New York area: The Cross Border Blues, Brews, and Que contest, to be held in Wilson, NY, over Father's Day weekend, Friday June 18 to Sunday June 19, 2010. The contest will be held at the Calvin E. Kreuger Park, just east of the intersection of Lake St. and Ontario St. in the beautiful Village of Wilson, which is situated on the Lake Ontario shoreline, approximately 40 minutes north of Buffalo, about an hour west of Rochester, and approximately 30 minutes northeast of Niagara Falls. It's a pretty easy drive from anywhere in Western New York or Southern Ontario.

The bbq portion of the contest consists of a pro competition on Saturday, with a Junior/Senior grilling competition and a fruit pie competition on Sunday. The bbq competition is unsanctioned, but our goal is to make the Saturday competition run as much like a sanctioned contest as possible. Our rules are closest in spirit to KCBS, but with a few differences (for example, no garnish).

The schedule is still being finalized, but it will be pretty much like you would expect. Check-in and meat inspection on Friday from 12:00 until 5:00, with a cooks' meeting at 6:00. On Saturday, chicken turn-in will be at noon, and then ribs, pork, and brisket at half-hour intervals.

On Sunday, in the spirit of Father's Day, there will be a Junior-Senior grilling contest. Teams must consist of one Junior (16 and under) and one Senior (over 16), and they will choose two items to grill from among: hamburgers, hot dogs, sausage, and wings.

Because the BBQ contest is being held in conjunction with both a blues contest and a brewing contest, there will be plenty of good music and good beer all weekend long.

Rules for all the events can be found here: http://www.crossborderbbq.com/

Come spend your Father's Day with us!

--frank in Wilson, NY

Last edited by Arlin_MacRae; 04-12-2010 at 09:57 AM..
HONCHO GREGORY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-31-2011, 08:11 PM   #2
BigBellyBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

I see this listed on KCBS as a sanctioned event. Doghouse Willy also involved.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:20 PM   #3
HONCHO GREGORY
Knows what a fatty is.

Yes this is the one "The Dog" has been working on for two years.
We must support our local events, It's good for bbq in WNY.

This is his email if anybody needs it
Frank Tutzauer <[email protected]>
HONCHO GREGORY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2011, 01:28 PM   #4
comfrank
On the road to being a farker

I should mention that the website now has applications available. I still need to get the judges' application up, but if you are interested in judging just email me ([email protected]) and I'll send you one.

--frank in Wilson, NY
Doghouse Willie Competition BBQ Team

Old 04-01-2011, 03:41 PM   #5
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

There is already an announcement for this competition posted.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=102451

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote