MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Road Trips

Notices

Brethren Road Trips The travel logs of our members. Q- joints, restaurants, entertainment, reviews while we travel around the 50 states. Also, Post here for a shout out to members to meet up with while on the road.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:48 AM   #1
Neil
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Default Down in Arkansas

The wifey and drove down to visit her aunts in Quitman, AR yesterday and we will be heading back to Michigan on Friday. Stopped at Boomland outside of Sikeston, MO to gas up $2.65/gal. and pick up a 6 month supply of Blues Hog BBQ Sauce, Tennessee Red Sauce, and dry rub. Tomorrow we are going to head over to Altus, AR so I can buy a couple of cases red wine vinegar at the Post Winery. Best wine vinegar I've been able to find. My grandparents use to make their own vinegar and this stuff is the closest to what they made. A good vinegar is essential in my house because the wifey and I eat a lot of salad. Forgot to mention, we had lunch at Lamberts, home of the "throwed rolls". Kind of unique. Best fried ocra I've ever had but their fried chicken leaves a lot to be desired. If I had a choice, I would much rather gone to Popeye's.

Mange Bene Viva Bene!

Old Country Over/Under, Weber: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" WSM, Weber Performer(Col. Steve Austin Mod), Two 22.5" Kettles, & a Smokey Joe; Old Country 36" griddle, Luhr-Jensen Big Chief, Turkey Fryer, Rocky Mountain Camp Stove and a UDS.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2007, 09:55 AM   #2
bbqbull
Watching over us.

Neil,

My wife has eaten at Sikeestons as well. She said the portions were huge. To the point of making her upset about the amount of food being wasted and thrown away.
Have a safe trip folks.
bbqbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:21 AM   #3
Ashmont
Babbling Farker

Default Yup throwed rolls!!!

Have not been there in awhile. Trip in spring to Alabama country. Need to put Lamberts on the list. Its for the kids. They have never been there!!!!!

Proud member of Brethren Weber's for life

(Rescued 7 kettles in 2007, 1 in 2008, 2 in 2009 and 1 in 2010 Three of which I have and 8 that have gone to Brethren. PM me to get on the waiting list)

Weber Kettle Dabomb
Weber Kettle Justintime
Weber Kettle (Yet to be named by Daughter) Evil Twin Suggested!
Weber Kettle Grace
WSM "Winni"
WSM "Dumas"
One Smokey Joe
UDS "Peggy Sue"
http://ashsmoderndayclubhouse.blogspot.com/
Ashmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:30 AM   #4
Swinebuck
On the road to being a farker

Lamberts was voted number one place to pig out by the Food Network. A hint if you have never been there. Order the least expensive thing on the menu and by the time they have come around and given you five helpings of free food you will have to be rolled out of there! Just a thought.
Thanks
Mike
Swinebuck
(A former resident of Sikeston)
http://www.toosaucedtopork.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Too-Sa...5995846?ref=mf
Swinebuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 03:30 PM   #5
AlabamaGrillBillies
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashmont View Post
Have not been there in awhile. Trip in spring to Alabama country. Need to put Lamberts on the list. Its for the kids. They have never been there!!!!!

Let me know when you are comming to Al and I'll try and point you in the direction of some good Que.

Matt Pair, member of the AlabamaGrillBillies Cookteam and Catering company. 24x54 Offset stick burner, 18" WSM, UDS, Mutiple Weber Kettles and a 22" WSM on the way.
AlabamaGrillBillies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:09 PM   #6
CajunSmoker
is Blowin Smoke!

Location: Rolling down the river between St Louis and New Orleans

While your at the Post winery, pick up a bottle Post's Strawberry wine I'm not a big wine drinker but that stuff is as adictive as crack.

How y'all are? I'm glad you got to see me I guarontee Justin Wilson 4/24/1914 - 09/05/2001
CAJUN QUE KREWE Proud ARKLAFO
KCBS member & CBJ#24398
Twin Ugly Drum Smokers
Brinkman Smoke King Deluxe
Brinkman Gourmet ECB with super chicken mods
Weber OTS kettle
CajunSmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:58 PM   #7
slat
is Blowin Smoke!

You passed right by me. The portions are big at Lambert's. It's a good place to eat though when you want something a little different.

Proud member of the MOFO chapter.

Bandera
Turkey Fryer
Rusting and corroding Gas Grill
slat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 09:10 AM   #8
Neil
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swinebuck View Post
Lamberts was voted number one place to pig out by the Food Network. A hint if you have never been there. Order the least expensive thing on the menu and by the time they have come around and given you five helpings of free food you will have to be rolled out of there! Just a thought.
Thanks
Mike
Swinebuck
(A former resident of Sikeston)
You got that right Mike. I could have made a meal out of the potato and onions alone. Wait a minute, I did do that!! By the looks of a majority of the diners there, I think they had to have been rolled in there also!

Mange Bene Viva Bene!

Old Country Over/Under, Weber: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" WSM, Weber Performer(Col. Steve Austin Mod), Two 22.5" Kettles, & a Smokey Joe; Old Country 36" griddle, Luhr-Jensen Big Chief, Turkey Fryer, Rocky Mountain Camp Stove and a UDS.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 10:15 AM   #9
Roo-B-Q'N
is One Chatty Farker

Lamberts is awesome, used to hit it every time I drove from Memphis to Omaha back when I was stationed down there. Keep telling my wife we need to go back sometime, but she doesn't seem to thrilled.
Large Spicewine, Backwoods Smoker (Party), WSM, Oklahoma Joe's Offset, Wood Fired Oven
Roo-B-Q'N is offline   Reply With Quote