Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Red, White and BBQ, Westmont IL - May 29 & 30

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We've been discussing the Ranchers Reserve Briskets at the Westmont, IL comp, but I didn't see an official Roll Call, so here it is.

Who's in from the Brethren?

Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que will be there!

For the Brethren teams we will have Roastin' Ronnie's coffee on Saturday morning. Assuming that I am up at my normal time the coffee should be ready by 6:30. Please stop by for a cup!

We're also trying something new this year. Based on popular demand :-D I will have a limited number of 12oz bags of fresh roasted Roastin' Ronnie's coffee for sale at the competition for $10 per bag. The coffee will be my choice (in other words, whatever I decide to roast that week) but will always be fresh. You may see one of my custom blends or you may see an interesting single origin coffee from one of the world's top growing regions. You just never know :-D The coffee will be whole bean.

I will have some bags of coffee at the Wisconsin Dells competition (assuming that the latest issues are worked out with the organizers).

We've been discussing the Ranchers Reserve Briskets at the Westmont, IL comp, but I didn't see an official Roll Call, so here it is.

Who's in from the Brethren?

Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que will be there!

For the Brethren teams we will have Roastin' Ronnie's coffee on Saturday morning. Assuming that I am up at my normal time the coffee should be ready by 6:30. Please stop by for a cup!

We're also trying something new this year. Based on popular demand :-D I will have a limited number of 12oz bags of fresh roasted Roastin' Ronnie's coffee for sale at the competition for $10 per bag. The coffee will be my choice (in other words, whatever I decide to roast that week) but will always be fresh. You may see one of my custom blends or you may see an interesting single origin coffee from one of the world's top growing regions. You just never know :-D The coffee will be whole bean.

I will have some bags of coffee at the Wisconsin Dells competition (assuming that the latest issues are worked out with the organizers).
I will see you there Ron

Ron, do you mean who's in the Ranchers Reserve piece, or who's going period?

We'll be there Friday, and we will be trying the RR brisket

Looks like they're almost full! As of 5/5 they say there are only 5 slots left

Who's going to Westmont.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the comp start on Saturday the 29th?

That's when we are planning on getting there....

Remember, Dive... It takes Dann a while to setup. They'll also be pulling out on Monday. :-D :becky: :becky: :becky:

Brew-B-Q will be there. May come up Friday night, but most likely Saturday morning. I will try to not lock the keys in my truck at the gas station on the way like I did last year.

I'll probably go.... I want to beat traffic and will probably pull in on Friday...

Taking up a collection, so I can have a side bet with Jorge... This year, I am betting him I can finish in the top 20... Seeing I barely cracked the top 25 last year...

Remember, Dive... It takes Dann a while to setup. They'll also be pulling out on Monday. :-D :becky: :becky: :becky:

Monday? I was thinking more like Wednesday. You know Ron. It does take a while to do plumbing work. That kitchen sink is difficult to assemble and then tear down...

I'll probably go.... I want to beat traffic and will probably pull in on Friday...

Taking up a collection, so I can have a side bet with Jorge... This year, I am betting him I can finish in the top 20... Seeing I barely cracked the top 25 last year...

No way, unless the defending champ comes back:p:becky:

No way, unless the defending champ comes back:p:becky:

Oh hell yeah he is coming back. I need my shipment of crawfish and boudain that he will be bringing me...

Monday? I was thinking more like Wednesday. You know Ron. It does take a while to do plumbing work. That kitchen sink is difficult to assemble and then tear down...

Funny guys!
No, we figured it'd be much less stress to just arrive early (that'd be Friday) And get setup out of the way.

And no, we will not be leaving Monday! Although I believe that Chris, one of the organizers is allowing folks to stay Sunday night, if they want, and get a fresh start Monday going home. When we spoke to him at the judges class last February, he said he was stoked about the band they were trying to get for Sunday, and wanted folks to be able to stay should they desire. I don't know if they were able to work that out though, although Scottie might

I think you'll find us a bit more streamlined this year, although the creature comforts do need to come along.

You can stay Sunday, I am not sure if they will have the generator going? Honestly, I don't remember what was discussed in the committee meeting on that subject.

I have been informed that the contest is officially sold out. Hopefully everyone that was planning on going has their application in...

If not, please contact me and I will sell you my spot. The judges don't like me anyway... Probably better off just paying Jorge off and I will save money in the long run... :roll:

Back