THANK YOU to our Mason City Neighbors!

Jeff_in_KC

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Big Creek BBQ extends a sincere THANK YOU to the teams at Mason City, Iowa who assisted us during the storm on Friday night! Although with our minds racing that night, it's difficult to recall who all was there helping in the dark, we especially want to thank the folks from E & D's BBQ, Smokin' Pelletheads, Doghouse BBQ and anyone else who came by. Among the things that were done to help us be able to continue cooking the event were these folks helping hold down canopies, picking up our strewn belongings, carrying everything up to a park pavilion, loaning us a replacement Guru unit and pulling our smoker out of the small lake that formed with a four wheel drive vehicle! We are extremely grateful and appreciative for the actions of these people in the middle of the night when they had their own work to do or during their sleep time. This was a shining example of barbecue family helping each other in times of need and why we are proud to be a part of the family! We won't soon forget what you all did so that we were able to continue with the contest!

Sincerely,

Jeff and Tammy Stith
Big Creek BBQ
Pleasant Hill, MO

That's a great story and emblematic of the BBQ community.

BBQ people really are the salt of the earth.

Eric

Your just likable people! At least you wife is anyway!:p

Great post Jeff. That does not sound like a good time at all, but I am glad to hear people helped out when needed.

Sorry to hear that happened Jeff, I was on the other side of the creek and didn't even realize you went through all of that. Glad to hear it worked out ok, although I'm sure it threw you off!

Back