Trimming Spare Ribs

Ackman

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
What do you do with the trimming on spare ribs. I cut them for St Louis cut but I keep throwing away the the balance which seems a waste to me...someone must have come up with something to do with them--it is a lot of meat

Chef snacks! Also, chop em up and throw em in with the BBQ beans!

I season them just like the ribs and cook on the pit for a side snack

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Rib tips, Or I'll save the trimmed meat with brisket trimmings add to chuck when I grind hamburger up.

Also think pullin' the meat and addin' to baked beans and what ever else your imagination can come up with.:decision:

What they said. It's good meat why waste it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I trim I cook them for the cook! :-D
They would go pretty well in a pot of sauerkraut, too.

I usually leave them on, Probably my favorite part of spare ribs.. But, the few times I did trim them, I saved for a chilli..

Made a big pot o chili yesterday with them, good stuff. Have a bunch more and want to try the sausage soon

I just leave the rib tips on, untrimmed. Nottin' wrong with that! Personally I think they're just as good or better than the ribs themselves. Cheers!!!

Great way to try out new rubs and ideas without doing it on a whole rack.

Grind up and make fatties. :cool:

F3.jpg

Other than just eating them...Seems the consensus opinions are grinding them up or throwing them into Chili or beans. Do you cut the cartlidge out before grinding? If u use them in Chili, beans,....just eat around the cartlidge?

Back