• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

I f'd myself

oifmarine2003

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
After I finished up smoking a couple of chickens last night around 10, I moved my smoker (it is made of wood) to a different part of the driveway so I could move my truck. There is a slight slope downward to the front of the driveway so I made sure the smoker was not going to roll towards the street (it is on big castors). As I went to get in my truck, I heard my smoker start rolling, not towards the street but to the side of the driveway where there is about a 8" drop off. I tried to get there to catch it in time but I was too late. The door is ripped off and there is damage all over the place. I didn't have the heart to do a complete inspection last night in the dark but what I could see was not good. I may be f'd..... Time to build another one maybe. FARK! :doh::doh::doh::doh:

Well, it is always the things you don't expect. Sorry to hear though, no smoker is no bueno

Yeah that sucks man, I feel your pain. At least with no smoker the drive to build a new one will be strong inside you.

Sorry to hear about that. I myself had a XLG BGE that I took apart to pressure wash every year. then one years with the help of my wife as we were putting the top back on I thought I had it under control and told her thank you I got it from here. The hinge wasn't seating as perfectly as I had hoped on the New gasket so I loosened up the ring to re-adjust it and the damn thing slipped right out and smashed itself all over the ground. :mad2: So I have been there my friend. Not a happy place to be. Sorry for your loss.

Sorry for you loss, but I look forward to seeing it rise from the ashes like a Pheonix. Post the build on the new one I would like to see how you build it.

man that sucks but, now you can make it even bigger, better, and more awesome.

That is a great way to look at it. There are some things I would do differently so I guess this is my chance to build it again with improvements!

I too feel your pain, but seriously dude what's a train wreck story without photos of the train wreck! No photos, it didn't happen. (I assume it's ok to say that in this context. :p)

Back