For those who missed out on the Weber charcoal HD deal...

2PigsBBQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I was just at my local HD and saw both the kingsford long burn and professional on clearance for $3.90. Was tempted to pick up a few bags but rememebered my weber charcoal wall at home. Haha

How is the Weber Professional compared to Royal Oak Natural?
imo, weber pro is 10 times better than RON... but then, I never liked RO from the start.

if I can get weber pro on sale, 'specially at 3.90, it's in my truck.
and Deebo, i'll see you on 27th street tomorrow ;)

I was just at my local HD and saw both the kingsford long burn and professional on clearance for $3.90. Was tempted to pick up a few bags but rememebered my weber charcoal wall at home. Haha

I think I can shoehorn a few more bags of charcoal into the garage.

I have 400 lbs of KBB and 80 lbs of Pellets for my new pellet pooper. My wife would shoot me.

Our HD is out of all of the $3.90 charcoal. When I went last week, they had two pallets of the Weber stuff and not many bags of the Kingsford that was on sale.

I was just at my local HD and saw both the kingsford long burn and professional on clearance for $3.90.

Thanks for the tip. I was at my local depot today, buying a furnace duct elbow for a smoker. I just called and asked. It sold out in about an hour. They had only one pallet.

I was at a Walmart today and they had the Weber briqs and 20lb bags of B&B lump on the same pallet for $5 per bag.

How is the Weber Professional compared to Royal Oak Natural?

Sorry for the delay, I havent used enough RON to give you an honest answer. I can only say that I've tried the Kingsford Pro and I liked it. Not as much as the Weber charcoal I know have 24 bags of though. Haha

Sorry for the delay, I havent used enough RON to give you an honest answer. I can only say that I've tried the Kingsford Pro and I liked it. Not as much as the Weber charcoal I know have 24 bags of though. Haha

I read that one of the major benefits to using lump was that you could snuff out the fire and "reuse" the partially burned coal and you couldn't do this with briqs. I've been using the Weber briqs in my bootleg vortex on my kamado grill. I will shake out the ash and use the leftover briqs as the base with fresh coals on top and this has been working just fine. Only on shorter cooks though.

Back