• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

New 270 KC

Home Farm BBQ

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Just picked up a new smoker yesterday. Can’t wait to get it fired up. Drove down to Virginia from Iowa. It was worth the drive to have the owners go through everything they do in detail. Got to see where they are making them. Everything is custom made. Very excited about the smoker and information they provided.

My sister lives 40 minutes from them. Get to see her for a few days. She is inviting people over the next two days. Brisket, ribs, and wings bought to start it out. Pork belly on the way from a neighbor. Basketball all day. Iowa Hawks on at noon. I might have to go grab a cigar. Feels like a pretty damn good day.

Will send more pictures later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:shopping list—You misspelled Nekkid Fattys

Congratulations

Last edited:
Nice choice from what I see, Justin. Can't wait to see some pictures. A few Brethren own them and are very happy and I can't wait to hear about your impressions ans results!

Welcome to the 270 family! Terry & Stephanie are awesome people. Enjoy the hoops!! Boiler UP! lol

47e783088b901f1e7457ff4a141dda90.jpg

47f5f3f615ad37855e850a85ec7ae5ab.jpg

Great pics! Can you show how the chimney works on these to get the direct versus reverse flow?

These cookers don't get the love they deserve, I'd really like to have one for smaller cooks and winter time use.

275 is what I cook at. Let it go up to crisp up the wings and sausage.

I’ll try to document how this works with some pics tomorrow. Got brisket, pork belly, pastrami and jalapeño poppers.

Great pics! Can you show how the chimney works on these to get the direct versus reverse flow?

These cookers don't get the love they deserve, I'd really like to have one for smaller cooks and winter time use.

If you want to cook "direct" you close off the back part of the chimney and the smoke will exhaust straight up through the front port. To get the convection effect you close off the front part of the chimney. In the pic w/ the sausage you can see the rear chamber that will give you the convection heated draft effect which will circle heat/smoke in the cook chamber while exhausting out of that chamber through the rear port of the chimney. I always use this method and have never tried the direct. The convection method pushed meats through stalls and cuts cook time down quite a bit. I usually keep my temps between 250-270 and I can get full size packers done in about 8 hours the same with butts.

I love the new racks they are using! Jelly lol:mrgreen:

Back