Convert Commercial Oven to Gravity Cooker

Ochamp

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Reaction score
This is my first post, but I have been reading and learning from so many of you over the past year. Today, I finally have something to share that I think some of you may find interesting.

Ever since I learned about the gravity smokers when I saw a "Stump" at a local BBQ competition, I knew I really wanted to have one some day. I still want to have one someday, but for now I have built my own version of a gravity charcoal feeder. While I would be no-where without the principles of gravity fed charcoal heat system learned from Stump, I really worked hard to pull this off without just building a "Stump Clone".

Here is a link to a an album with a few pics...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/album.php?albumid=952

Thanks again to all of you for sharing your ideas and knowledge!

Never saw Pics posted like that B4. Nice job on the pit brisket looks good too I'd keep that until I died beside it with a cold one in my hand.

Nice! Definitely takes some skill to pull that off, looks like you created a great cooker.

Fine work there!! In my first Backyard comp a couple weeks ago the team right behind me had a couple Stumps, so I know the envy, since I have it now. Good job!

I have worked in the food industry for over 25 years and always have equipment that just plain needs to be retired.......and now made into a smoker. Excellent!

I *know* I shouldn't - but I hear there is a dandy restaurant equipment re-seller near me. I should pay them a visit... yeah- I'm gonna need a bag of frozen peas for this knot on my head I'm gonna get from the wife

Back