Wood SCORE!

BobBrisket

Name or Nickame
Bob
Got a bite on an online classifieds ad for firewood! Got me some mesquite, and some pistachio. I pimped our site to the gentleman that let me take the skeet and stachio. He had a SWEET stick burner. The fire box was an old safe. Wanted to take a pic, but he wasn't around and I felt like I should ask permission. Hopefully, he'll join. The mesquite pounded my chainsaw. Then I hit some rock/compacted soil that was in the folds of the wood and my chain bit the dust. I also scored some pear from my neighbor who is getting ready to sell her house. The stachio and pear are more than seasoned. The skeet, was cut down last week and will need some months to season. Nothing better than mesquite for grilling up steak.
Tossed some stachio on the kettle to use on a chuck roast that I grilled indirect for smoke then straight up on the coals for med rare BEEF! The smoke was very nice. A notch or two below fig on the sweetness level.

The skeet.
woodscore002.jpg

The pear. This is the fruit bearing kind. It'll get cut up into chuck size along with the longer limbs.
woodscore003.jpg

woodscore005.jpg

Pistachio. There are actually several stachio farms a few hours away from here in NM. He dug these up and moved em to a new location, but they didn't seem to take. This stuff was DRY, but had some weight to it for smaller stuff. Very dense. Made for some nice smoke. First time ever using stachio and it's great stuff.
woodscore004.jpg

Some chunk stuff. That skeet saw dust...........well, it's gonna get used in the Lil Chief for some skeet jerky!:heh:
woodscore006.jpg

Here are a couple kilos of Q CONTRABAND! LOL..............:becky:
woodscore007.jpg

Burning off all the small stuff in the pit and having a COLDIE. It smelled reallllllllly nice.
woodscore011.jpg

Thanks for looking at my wood!:tape::confused::-o:laugh:

Very nice! Our neighbor has a fruit-bearing pear right on the lot line. If I didn't like him so much I'd consider lopping off a few of the larger limbs on our side!:heh:

Never heard of using pistachio for smoking with. Sounds like you'll be set for some time now.

Congrats Bob! I thought for sure it was going to be pecan.

Nope, the pecan farms didn't do much pruning this year due to that freakish freeze we got. My fireplace wood will most likely be bought this year and not free like I've been able to get in the past. At least this stuff will keep the pits going for a good while.

Thanks again.

Bob

Back