MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-13-2010, 09:11 PM   #1
luckyduk
Full Fledged Farker

Default Favor from the brethren, rent/borrow cooker?

So I ordered my Stumps cooker on April 16, he told me 8 weeks, well I am yet to see it. Next weekend (July 24th) is my wedding reception (we got married in Vegas) and I was planning on cooking everything on my new Stumps on Friday the 23rd. Well the last time I talked with them (one of the many) they pushed it back yet again til next Wednesday the 21st. Slim chance in getting it here by then from Georgia!!!
Wondering if there were any brethren here somewhere close to the Waterloo area that would be willing to rent me their cooker. The cooker I have now will take me many batches to cook everything. I am planning on cooking around 200# of butts and 180# of brisket.
Any help would be appreciated!!!! My wife says you can come to the party and help drink the many, many bottles of booze we will have available as well

Old 07-13-2010, 10:41 PM   #2
Chef Jim
Babbling Farker

Iowa, sounds like fun. Will your wife have her girlfriends there? O yeah, I live in FL, could never get my cooker there. Wish you luck.

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][FONT=Tahoma]A veteran is Someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are far too many people in this country who no longer understand it. Author unknown.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Chef Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-14-2010, 06:10 PM   #3
luckyduk
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Jim View Post
Iowa, sounds like fun. Will your wife have her girlfriends there? O yeah, I live in FL, could never get my cooker there. Wish you luck.
Yes there will be many hot single women there.....any takers yet?

Old 07-14-2010, 06:17 PM   #4
Papa Payne
is one Smokin' Farker

Darn, just my luck. I'm too far away to take advantage of a great oppertunity...

Good luck...

Papa

Old 07-14-2010, 06:43 PM   #5
Smokin Mike
is One Chatty Farker

sorry Buddy, it's still to far for me,,,,
FEC-100's
KCBS, FBA Judge
Smokin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-14-2010, 07:16 PM   #6
Kosmo's Q
is one Smokin' Farker

Wish I was closer I would loan you my equipment. Hope everything works out.
Kosmo's Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-14-2010, 07:39 PM   #7
smknwhlswife
is One Chatty Farker

You are too far north for us, but in a pinch you are welcome to come down here and we will help you cook all.

Smoke On Wheels www.smokeonwheels.com

Yoder Cookers YS-640 & YS-480 & YS-1320 / Coming Soon* YS Q-Kitchen with YS-1500, YS-640 & YS-Charcoal Grill/ $25 Hasty-bake Model 410 / Weber Kettles
smknwhlswife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-14-2010, 09:26 PM   #8
Pyle's BBQ
Babbling Farker

Are you close to La Porte City. I am doing the contest there this weekend. If you want to borrow mine you could pick it up on Sunday and then we can figure out how to get it back to DM.

PM me and I will give you my number.

Yoder YS640; Good-One "Trail Boss" 60T; Weber Kettle rotisserie ring; Big A$$ Rotisserie; New Braunfels offset smoker; Weber Smokey Mountain; Backyard Bombers BBQ HJM

Μολν λαβέ
Pyle's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-14-2010, 09:29 PM   #9
luckyduk
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyle's BBQ View Post
Are you close to La Porte City. I am doing the contest there this weekend. If you want to borrow mine you could pick it up on Sunday and then we can figure out how to get it back to DM.
I am doing Wloo and Laporte this weekend, I will look you up!!!

Old 07-14-2010, 09:32 PM   #10
Pyle's BBQ
Babbling Farker

I have a Good-One T-60. Use the search to find pictured.

Yoder YS640; Good-One "Trail Boss" 60T; Weber Kettle rotisserie ring; Big A$$ Rotisserie; New Braunfels offset smoker; Weber Smokey Mountain; Backyard Bombers BBQ HJM

Μολν λαβέ
Pyle's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-14-2010, 09:40 PM   #11
gtsum
Babbling Farker

man, that sucks about getting pushed back on the cooker...hopefully you get it worked out with a local brethren....IA is a bit too far from me I am afraid
gtsum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2010, 07:18 AM   #12
pat
is Blowin Smoke!

Justin let me know if it doesn't work out with Bryan's Good-One. You can borrow my CTO if needed.

Have you tried Simply Marvelous Rubs yet??

Backwoods Party
Ole Hickory CTO
Large Big Green Egg
WSM X 2
Weber Performer
pat is offline   Reply With Quote