Sam's Club Invitational

Butcher BBQ

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I was scanning thru the event section of the KCBS website when I seen that Sam's Club is hosting an Invitational cook off in Midwest City Oklahoma on August 20 and 21. It will be a $25,000 payout and the invitations will be for the top 25 teams in the TOY standings.

I remember a thread over the winter where we all talked about having a cook off with the top teams for a TOY finals. This could be just what we discussed only time will tell.

How interesting! But it begs the question, which ToY standings? The completed ones from last season, or the halfway-in-process current season?

At eight weeks out, I wonder how many of those teams have revised their schedules to attend?

How interesting! But it begs the question, which ToY standings? The completed ones from last season, or the halfway-in-process current season?

At eight weeks out, I wonder how many of those teams have revised their schedules to attend?

That was what I was wondering.

IMO there is really no fair way to get a list that early in the year of who deserves to go based on the beginning half of one season. They should look at the way the jack and other invitationals do it to get their list. I am sure they have it figured out, just typing my thoughts.

If it was for THIS year's teams, I wouldn't make it. I'm in Excelsior Springs that weekend with a shot at the combined Excelsior/St. Joseph North Missouri championship.

I wouldn't mind going. I think our wins should be considered, but we just can't cook enough contests to even sniff the top 25 in TOY.

I've been told the invitations would be sent to the top 50 teams,but I don't know if that is based on last years results or the current. I have asked though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't mind going. I think our wins should be considered, but we just can't cook enough contests to even sniff the top 25 in TOY.

The Royal and GAB can't do a contest every other month:p:becky::becky:

There are 13 other sanctioned contests that same weekend across the country. Sounds like a great time to pull the top 50 teams to Oklahoma in middle of summer. :crazy: It can't be that hot in OKC in August... can it? :rolleyes:

Not winning enough prize money to cover expenses?

Although, for $25,000 it might be a good one to cook. You might get 30 teams there out of the top 50. That's a lot of cheddar.

I wish that my local Sams Club would have a bbq event and the winner would move on ,you know like a play off.

We will once again screw this up and have a completely different calendar than what The Jack, AR or GAB has... Sooner or later everyone will get on the same page.

And if it a true championship... why go on a half a season to be invited? I guarantee you that the end of the aseason point totals, will be completely different than what the half way point of the season will look. I guess it pays to load up on your early season contests and not the end of the season...

I did get an email stating that it will be the top 50 teams. This contest will be done along with the unveiling of there new meat market with all the special meats. One possible reason Midwest City was chosen could be that it was the 1st Sam's Club ever built and just across town was the 1st meat market the company ever had.

I did get an email stating that it will be the top 50 teams. This contest will be done along with the unveiling of there new meat market with all the special meats. One possible reason Midwest City was chosen could be that it was the 1st Sam's Club ever built and just across town was the 1st meat market the company ever had.

You the official Sam's Club meat spokesperson?

Phoenix Metro to OKC Metro - That's been our Day 1 drive the last two years as we've made our way to Lynchburg.

Back