Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Gilbert, AZ: Sam's Club National BBQ Tour, April 8

G$

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
The FIRST Sam's Club Series event is in one month. We know who's in, but we can still roll call!

Anyone else surprised there have been no logistics type communications sent about the event yet? (Did I miss 'em?)

I have not received anything yet. Looking forward to the event and cooking for a bunch of family and friends. We'll be at Wildomar, and Scottsdale getting in a little practice before Gilbert.

Good luck to everyone.

I'll be there and at Wildomar for a warm up. Thinking about judging Pala.

Looking forward to this one...Wildomar and Pala are on tap as well see you guys next week.

Inaugural Sam’s Club National BBQ Tour Ready For Kickoff

March 17, 2011

Event Directors for the Inaugural Sam’s Club National BBQ Tour met last night and made final preparations for one of the most exciting BBQ competition series in KCBS history.

Today and tomorrow they will be reviewing and finalizing all team and judge registrations for their respective events. For the early events in
Region 1, you can expect communications from your local Event Director as early as tomorrow or this weekend.

Additionally, a final set of on-site rules and regulations will be posted here on Monday.

So get ready for some great BBQ! The 2011 season is about to heat up!

http://www.kcbs.us/news.php?id=337

Ok this is getting close! I am excited!!!

Looking forward to the event. Safe travels to the out of town teams. There are several grocery stores close if you need anything.

Hey guys and Gals,I have a question about this comp and all the Sams Club comps.I have been told that these events are NOT a qualifier for the Jack and Royal,is this true,and if so why are they NOT qualifiers ? Thanks

Hey guys and Gals,I have a question about this comp and all the Sams Club comps.I have been told that these events are NOT a qualifier for the Jack and Royal,is this true,and if so why are they NOT qualifiers ? Thanks

Since they are not state championships, they will not have the required 50 teams to make it a qualifier.

Since they are 1st year comps wouldn't they only need 15 teams?...or does that only apply if they are State Championships?

Since they are 1st year comps wouldn't they only need 15 teams?...or does that only apply if they are State Championships?

That applies only to 1st year State Championships. After the first year a State Championship requires 25 teams. Any sanctioned contest of 50 or more teams is a qualifier.

First year or not, if they are not getting a Governors Proclamation then they would have to have at least 50 teams to be a qualifier. I assume they are not getting the Gov's Proc. Don't know for sure.

I wonder if they are not considered qualifiers due to the fact they are limited to KCBS members ?

Back