• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Smoked Cream Cheese - Do it now

colonel00

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I had never tried this before but about a month or so ago I was smoking some cheese and threw on a block of cream cheese. After it was done I vacuum sealed everything and into the fridge it went. I had been eating on the regular cheese but totally forgot about the cream cheese. The other day I saw it in there and gave it a try. Sweet baby cheeses, this stuff is good. If you haven't tried it yet, do it now! With winter upon most of us, it is even a better time as it will be easier to keep the temps down.

I have no pr0n to post and let's face it, it would be quite boring to just have a picture of a block of cream cheese :becky:

Stuff's pretty good with no smoke. I can imagine it is pretty awesome. Thanks Brad.

Hmmm, you've given me one more reason to cold smoke :biggrin:

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I used my typical cheese smoking setup since I was doing regular cheese too. I just use the tin can with a soldering iron in it with some apple chips filling the can. This goes into my UDS at the bottom(ish) (depending on which drum and if I am lazy). I put the cheese on the top grate and I rest it on skewers so the cheese doesn't get dirty from the seasoned grates.

For the cream cheese, I basically did the same as regular cheese. Due to it's consistency, you do need to take care to keep it as cold as possible. It was also a bit of a challenge to vacuum seal which isn't completely necessary but I like to seal all of my cheese and let it mellow for a while.

As far as the amount of smoke, that will be personal preference. When I did this batch a while ago, the temps were still kind of warm so I didn't let the smoker run for as long as I usually do. The regular cheese didn't seem to take on as much smoke but the cream cheese came out really good. With that said, I would suggest doing the cream cheese for a shorter amount of time until you know what you want.

Can't believe you didn't even take a picture of the cheese, not even one close-up. :tsk:

useless_thread_1.jpg

I was wondering how you vacuum sealed it. :grin:

I got some cheese planned for tomorrow. May have to give this a shot.

Can't believe you didn't even take a picture of the cheese, not even one close-up. :tsk:

useless_thread_1.jpg

Happy?

carrotcakefrosting.jpg

I was wondering how you vacuum sealed it. :grin:

I got some cheese planned for tomorrow. May have to give this a shot.

It wasn't too difficult. I just had a block of cream cheese that I cut in half for the smoking. It stayed cool enough to retain its shape. Then into a vacusuck bag and vac and seal.

I'd say that looks pretty normal.

Actually, I remembered that I did have a pic. Check out my nut sacks too :thumb:

IMG_20121117_204940.jpg

I am concerned about that orange stuff. You might want to make an appointment with your doctor to have your nutsacks checked out. :thumb:

Back