MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-20-2010, 12:06 AM   #1
kyle corn
is one Smokin' Farker

Default 220 gallon tank trailer build

I couldn't figure out how to modify my other post and I wanted to have a thread to document my progress, so I'm starting from scratch with a build thread for the 220 gallon compressor tank I picked up on Friday.

You can see a picture of the tank the day I picked it up and the story of how I acquired it in the original thread.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=92520

This will be a fairly slow build. I'm not the best at this sorta thing and I can't afford to just dump a ton of money into it right away. Plus, I don't have an immediate need for it, although my dad and I have a few opportunities to put it to good use in a few months.

The first thing I needed to do was get this thing mobile. No way I could have a 6'x30" tank weighing hundreds of pounds just sitting around the garage. My dad and I ran straps around the the bottom of the tank and pulled it straight up using a car lift. From there we were able to torch holes out of the feet and bolt in some heavy duty 5" casters. Then I welded on a cheesy temporary handle on the end so I can have something to grab onto. Even though I still had plenty of daylight left I called it quits early when a buddy showed up with his newborn baby son. We ended up coking some ribs and chicken on the FEC, drank a few beers and watched the games (no pr0n of the food).

kyle corn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2010, 01:13 AM   #2
che22879
is one Smokin' Farker

cool!

Old 09-20-2010, 01:46 AM   #3
Norcoredneck
somebody shut me the fark up.

Should be a good project. I know what you mean about a slow project. Hopefully I will get some fire in mine before you finish yours. Where in Riverside are you? Wha kind of plans do you have for your pit?

The Prontologist is in...
Ok let's see your Butt!
Norcoredneck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2010, 02:41 AM   #4
Phrasty
Babbling Farker

Awesome... looking forward to seeing this come together.

Cheers
1 - 25 gal. self-made vertical smoker
1 - 120 gal. self-made trailer stick-burner

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=88599
Phrasty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2010, 03:32 AM   #5
Phubar

Nice score!
I love these build threads!
After Phrasty's build was done I felt a sort of emptyness,hopefully you're gonna fill that up!
Good luck!

All fueled by [COLOR=lime]Ecobrasa[/COLOR] Coco Briquettes

*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2011 - 2012*
*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2013 Low 'n Slow
*WGA Ambassador
Phubar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2010, 11:54 AM   #6
kyle corn
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcoredneck View Post
Should be a good project. I know what you mean about a slow project. Hopefully I will get some fire in mine before you finish yours. Where in Riverside are you? Wha kind of plans do you have for your pit?
I'm in the Mockingbird Canyon/Woodcrest area.

I'm still not sure what I want to do since this thing just fell in my lap so I haven't had much time to really think about this thing. I already have the right trailer but the axle, springs and wheels need to be upgraged. My dad wants to do something similar to the Lang trailers, very basic with doors on both sides of the cooking chamber. I want to do something a little bit more complex, kinda like a Klose, with a fire basket on the other side of the cooking chamber, maybe incorporating a couple propane burners. I don't know, depends how much I can spend and what I think I can actually pull off.

So you mean you haven't actually fired up your pit yet? Have you just been too busy or you just haven't had a need to fire up such a large pit?
kyle corn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2010, 07:00 PM   #7
Norcoredneck

Been working on lots of projects at once. Little here, little there. Just did some work on gas line. Should swing by and take a gander might see something you like or would never do. Pat.

The Prontologist is in...
Ok let's see your Butt!
Norcoredneck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2010, 08:20 PM   #8
heiny
On the road to being a farker

can't wait to see the finished product

Old 09-21-2010, 06:39 AM   #9
lionhrt
is one Smokin' Farker

can`t wait to see the finished product and all the upcoming photos of the build. That thing looks big enough for a whole neighborhood.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:32 AM   #10
deepsouth

that's going to be a monster.