• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

anyone here have their bbq trailer or food truck parked on a commercial lot to sell food?

koloa

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
hi,
i was just wondering how did you approach the property owner. there is a hotdog/burger food truck parked at a lowes in town. the trailer stays there nightly. i was thinking about doing the same at another location.

i was thinking to have pics of my possible setup and menu. is the space usually rented and would they allow you to plug in your trailer for power?

hi,
i was just wondering how did you approach the property owner. there is a hotdog/burger food truck parked at a lowes in town. the trailer stays there nightly. i was thinking about doing the same at another location.

i was thinking to have pics of my possible setup and menu. is the space usually rented and would they allow you to plug in your trailer for power?
I would like to know what you find out on this. I am interested in doing the same thing.

Lowes, Home Depot and Wal Mart usually will charge 3% of your intake and that goes to charity of their choice.

hehahhaha

Yea, I tried as well in my home town... the HD said no farkin way!!!

i wonder, who is the person that grants the permission? i think the best bet for me is to approach the lowes manager, where the hotdog trailer is parked, and just ask a few questions on the business relationship.

I will have my trailer set up in a business parking lot across from a home depot starting in December. I simply approached the business owner about the idea and he agreed. He had a Cajun food vender there in the past so I'm sure that helped in allowing me to get set up there. He is allowing me to install a temporary power pole there, similar to what you see a contractor put on a new lot when building a house. He has a water spigot there i can use to fill my water tanks as long as the health dept approves it. If you would like specifics on what I'm paying to be there you can PM me.

I tried getting set up at a lowes before this location. I had to call their corporate HQ and speak with them. I never could get them to fully understand what I was wanting to do. They were trying to get me to fill out some form that would get me on a list of suppliers. I dnt remember the exact details of it but I finally gave up. This other location is really the one I wanted anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought about drafting a business letter that detailed my business; and describes the type of food we serve and services we provide. I would also describe how my being there will benefit their business and bring repeat customers to their location. I would also including pictures of our set-up, and copies of insurance, licensing, and HD permits. I would end the letter with a "sales pitch" of sort about rent amounts and things of that nature. If I get something drafted up, I will post here for your feed back.

There is one more thing you might wont to looking in to, that is a general business license from the city you are planing to set up in. That is what I had to do to keep the city off of me.

I currently have a small stand set up outside a very popular country bar. Brisket, Pulled pork sammies, burgers, dogs and chorizos. My kitchen is on site 24/7. We had to jump through several hoops with the city prior to opening up. We pay 10% of gross sales each week to the property/bar owner. We have been there for the last two months and it seems to be wrking out. Not huge money but we are getting the product/name out to the masses.

I currently have a small stand set up outside a very popular country bar. Brisket, Pulled pork sammies, burgers, dogs and chorizos. My kitchen is on site 24/7. We had to jump through several hoops with the city prior to opening up. We pay 10% of gross sales each week to the property/bar owner. We have been there for the last two months and it seems to be wrking out. Not huge money but we are getting the product/name out to the masses.

Would like to see some pics of your set-up! :lol:

Back