BBQ Books

BigdogKC

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Is there a list somewhere on the site that has the must have BBQ books? I am low on reading material and figured I might as well buy some BBQ books, so throw out some titles that ya'll like if you don't mind.

There are many great BBQ books out there. Here are a few: Peace Love & BBQ, Taming the Flame, Any book from Dr. BBQ(Ray Lampe), BBQ Bible. Check Barnes & Noble on line or Amazon.

All the Dr BBQ books, all the Steve Rachlin books, Smoke and Spice. Those should keep ya going for a while.

I just finished Peace, love and bbq by mike mills,,, very entertaining read, with all of good info in it. Now I'm onto Dr. BBQ big time bbq book.

say Bigdogkc, I see you live in olathe, you might want to stop by the kc bqq store in olathe, on 119 by I-35, next door to,,,,, Olkahoma Joe's :), eat bbq, look around at bbq grills, and browse the dvd/book area, and of course, do try out some rubs, and such. If you want I can give you "the" dvd to watch, to borrow!. I buy all my supplies there, they have the best price, or the same as every bbq store in the k.c area. I just got a FEC from that store :), birthday present from my wife :)

P.M me if you are interested into borrowing that dvd

I will second the votes for Ray Lampe, Mike Mills, Paul Kirk, and Steven Raichlens books...I have them all. I also recommend Barbeque and Sausage Making Secrets by Charlie Knote. The Great American Barbeque and Grilling Manual by Smoky Hale. Backyard BBQ by Richard McPeake. I dont think you can ever have to much information. Having said that, I am sort of getting away from "recipe type" books. The book I have read and enjoyed the most is Smokestack Lightning by Lolis Eric Elie. Doug Worgul's A Grand Barbeque is also a great read.

ML

Back