chicken leg quarters

jestridge

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I need some advice on chicken leg quarters. I have a wedding this weekend . I want these quarter to be a nice golden brown. Any ideals or suggestions. Also have 2 whole ham and 2 whole pork shoulder and maybe a few brisket. My legs quarter always taste good but dont have a very good look P.S. need picture of them

I need some advice on chicken leg quarters. I have a wedding this weekend . I want these quarter to be a nice golden brown. Any ideals or suggestions. Also have 2 whole ham and 2 whole pork shoulder and maybe a few brisket. My legs quarter always taste good but dont have a very good look P.S. need picture of them
Marinate in Mojo and spritz with Dr. Pepper.

I am a leg and thigh man also. Rub them with some Vegi oil and some salt and pepper. I cook them at 300º to 350º for about an hour or so using briskets with just a touch of wood. I start them skin side down and turn every 10-15 minutes, they come out a nice golden brown. To much smoke and they will be dark.

Good Luck.

What kind of cooker are you using? This could make a big difference in the advice.....

Try adding some corn flour to your rub and/or sprinkle some straight on the chicken towards the end of cooking.

I do mine between 350-375, put a good rub on them, and turn every 10-15 minutes for about an hour or so,,, will be nice and golden brown, I use just charcoal briquettes no wood for the chicken.

I cook them at 300º to 350º for about an hour or so using briskets with just a touch of wood.

Wow! I would think that it would take a long time to get briskets lit and burning. Try some form of charcoal next time. I think you'll like the results.

:rolleyes: :biggrin:

Wow! I would think that it would take a long time to get briskets lit and burning. Try some form of charcoal next time. I think you'll like the results.

Nah, try lighter fluid. The brisket will actually disguise some of the flavors usually accociated with it. Personally I like to light up only left handed bris..... :mrgreen:

What kind of cooker are you using? This could make a big difference in the advice.....
an off set

Smoker013.jpg

I am a leg and thigh man also. Rub them with some Vegi oil and some salt and pepper. I cook them at 300º to 350º for about an hour or so using briskets with just a touch of wood. I start them skin side down and turn every 10-15 minutes, they come out a nice golden brown. To much smoke and they will be dark.

Good Luck.

You never know how dry his briskets get, they may go right up. Which may answer the chimney lighting question in an earlier thread.

I would say add some type of sugar to your rub, spritz with applejuice, cook em high and fast and somewhat close to the heat source.

I like to cook my chicken at 275-300 and then finish over direct heat. But be careful to pay attention when they are on the grill so they don't burn. It doesn't take but a few minutes.

Back