• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pork belly prices

TuscaloosaQ

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
I have been inquiring about making some bacon from pork bellies and will be doing so soon. Thank's for all the replies. I have one more question what is a fair price to pay per pound for bellies because I do not have a clue. We do not really have any butcher shops here in Tuscaloosa Alabama
But I have talked to one place that said they could get them. My wife is from Cleveland Ohio and man was I like a kid in a candy store when we visited some of her girlfriends this summer and went to a local Butcher
in Cleveland I was amazed and had so much fun. They were happy to because I know for a fact that I was there best customer that day

Case price (rind on) at Restaurant Depot in ATL is ~$2.50/lb. I looked a little online a while back at local farm websites and they were all at least twice that. Unfortunately, local food is all the rage here and boutique-y prices have resulted.

Good luck with the search. Heck, PM me if you find a good source. My folks are in the 'ham and I could make a trip for pig parts.

RTR

I know here in central Ohio it's about $4.69/lb last time I checked at a local butcher

Thanks for reply still looking here in T town best I can find so far is 3.50lb have people in B'ham too will check with them

Can't help you shopping up there.

Here in the Panhandle, I buy by the case:
3 full bellies about 25-30# total for $2.19 / lb.

Might try hooking up with a distributor.

Good Eats

TIM

I normally get em at the asian market for like 2.25 /lb , but they have been going up lately. More like 2.60 or so. Overall I've noticed pork get a bit more expensive around my neck of the woods,....

Back