A couple quick questions

Dex

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm in the early stages of planning everything. Yes I have already talked to my local HD and so forth. My plans are to keep things simple and I only plan on selling at local festivals, fairs, etc.

I think I have seen it on here somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. But on average, how many pulled pork sandwiches can you get from a 8 lb pork butt?

My second question is where is the best/cheapest place to purchase the little square and rectangle paper serving dishes?

I'm looking into what all my cost will be vs what I can charge to get an idea of profit.

Thanks in advance.

1/2# uncooked butt will yield about 1/3# finished product, enough for one sandwich. To easily do it take # of hand divide by 2 = #'s of meat you need. Add a few pounds for safety!

1/2# uncooked butt will yield about 1/3# finished product, enough for one sandwich. To easily do it take # of hand divide by 2 = #'s of meat you need. Add a few pounds for safety!

So a 8lb uncooked pork butt should yield roughly 16 sandwiches. Did I follow you right?

Hey everyone. I'm in the early stages of planning everything. Yes I have already talked to my local HD and so forth. My plans are to keep things simple and I only plan on selling at local festivals, fairs, etc.

I think I have seen it on here somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. But on average, how many pulled pork sandwiches can you get from a 8 lb pork butt?

My second question is where is the best/cheapest place to purchase the little square and rectangle paper serving dishes?

I'm looking into what all my cost will be vs what I can charge to get an idea of profit.

I get between 12-15 Sammies per Butt on 4" Buns as for the serving boats I'VE found cash and carry cheapest. Good luck this season!

Awesome thanks!

Where do you usually get your buns at?

Awesome thanks!

Where do you usually get your buns at?

I get mine at Fred Meyer or Kroger most of the time, They have 8 packs for 89 cents and in the summer 2 for a buck. I would talk to the bread person to let them know what you will need otherwise you may find them out in your time of need.

Back