MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ > For the Board

Notices

For the Board *On Topic Only* Strictly moderated. NO BAD KARMA! This forum is for questions and discussions you would like reviewed by members of the KCBS(or other BBQ orgs) Board of Directors. A clean and direct place where they do not have to wade thru day to day chatter.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:33 AM   #1
dhuffjr
Full Fledged Farker

Default BBQ Race mention in quick notes

I noted this recently and am curious as to what the BOD is looking at. I'm guessing maybe they are miffed someone is tracking in real time the TOY standings. Personally if KCBS will not do this and someone else will it is for the benefit of the members. I for one like knowing where us non top 20 teams stand.

Better still as I have asked the BBQ race admins and have requested via KCBS it would be a very very very nice feature to filter the TOY results by comps cooked or regions/states as well as the number of competitions cooked.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #2
Funtimebbq
Full Fledged Farker

I too enjoy knowing where Funtime BBQ stands throughout the year as we are not going to cook enough contests to make our way into the top figures shown by KCBS. However, if one looks Funtime BBQ up on BBQ Race, you will only see 8 contests for the 2012 KCBS competition year because they did not include the two contests held over New Year's weekend at Knott's Berry Farm. In the chicken category alone that is around 300 points less than Funtime BBQ's KCBS points (based on my calculations). That also means teams like Tippycanoe and Slap Yo Daddy BBQ each had a GC over that weekend. I would think those should show up in their respective top 10 contests for the 2012 KCBS year (I can't imagine a GC being dropped). Yet, the scores listed in BBQ race for overall are duplicates of KCBS's points and not reflective of their own calculations because those contests are not listed for 2012.

Another related issue is the contest in Long Beach, CA (a contest run by a KCBS BOD member). Every team has 3 scores for ribs but none for pork or brisket. It is easy to see where the problem is but has never been fixed. Yes, I've sent emails (3) to the BBQ Race people. So those scores for pork (a 1st for Funtime BBQ) and brisket are not included in the BBQ Race totals and therefore not reliable.

But I agree, if KCBS is not going to show the entire listing, it is great that the BBQ Race people are making a good effort to do so.

Benny
Funtimebbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 01-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #3
arlieque
Full Fledged Farker

Also BBQ Race shows all teams, not just KCBS members
Dont you want to know where you really stand

Organizing BBQ Contests Coast to Coast

www.arliequeevents.com
arlieque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:51 PM   #4
dhuffjr
Full Fledged Farker

When will KCBS put up the complete 2012 results?
Old 01-07-2013, 01:23 PM   #5
stan
is one Smokin' Farker

Check out ScoreCARD on CompBBQ for your stats. http://scorecard.compbbq.com

The Knotts Berry Farms contests will be part of 2013 TOY as they cutoff the TOY for 2012 before that weekend. ScoreCARD has stats and all the contest results for KCBS but are looking to add other sanctioning bodies...
County Line Smokers Competition BBQ Team
KCBS Member - CBJ #20654
Pitmaker BBQ Vault mounted in a 12 Foot Competition Trailer
22 1/2 Weber Kettle, Stainless Steel gaser
chunks of wild cherry, pecan, oak
stan is offline   Reply With Quote