Seared Tuna on a Weber last night

OakPit

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Seared some Ahi Tuna last night...I've got to do this more. So fast & easy.

500 degrees on the Weber Kettle for just minutes.

5571929408_cef5f2cdf9.jpg

Carrie cooked up some Chard greens with a Tahini sauce.

5571343663_977548b4de.jpg

5571938804_787c7dcfeb.jpg

Looks great, how did you get the coal that close to the grate? I have been using bricks and an extra charcoal grate but have been looking for a better idea

Looks great, how did you get the coal that close to the grate? I have been using bricks and an extra charcoal grate but have been looking for a better idea

I used WAY too much charcoal, but I know from my BGE, that a deep burning fire yields wonderful results.

I used WAY too much charcoal, but I know from my BGE, that a deep burning fire yields wonderful results.

You got some great results and that first picture looks really cool! I think I will be loading up with extra coals next time!

That looks phenomenal! If only I could get my wife to eat seafood...

Saw Alton Brown do this once by filling his chimney with coals, getting it rip roaring hot, then set the grill right on top of it. The cooking area would be a lot smaller, but if you're only doing a couple tuna steaks it'd be perfect.

This almost borders on cruel that looks and sounds so good.:cool:

Tim, that looks really good. The whole meal looks really good! I guess you have to eat healthy for awhile to recover from crushing beers with the Groundhog, eh?

Back