Griddle attachment for my gas grill.

farmer-fred

Full Fledged Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
I just pulled the trigger on this stainless griddle top to use on my gas grill. It has a 23.5X16 cooking surface and will fit my 28X18 gasser's grate area perfectly. It is made from 12 ga 430 grade stainless so it should hold up well. for what it is worth it comes with a Limited Lifetime Warranty.

griddle.jpg
https://www.amazon.com/Little-Griddle-GQ230-Professional/dp/B00CBDBV8Y/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=griddle+for+gas+grill&qid=1568813222&sr=8-5
I really wanted a Blackstone but did not want to have to use up the extra real estate on my new deck. Plus the wife was happier with this decision. It seems to gave very good reviews on Amazon so I think I will be happy with it. It should be here by the weekend. I can't wait try it out with some smash burgers and Sunday breakfast.

I hope it works for you. I bought the same one for my son as a gift a year or so past. His complaint, and I experienced it just last month while at his house, is that it does not get hot enough quickly. It takes some time to get it up to speed and then it is still not hot enough. I think this unit would work better on a camp stove. Anyway, good luck with it. It is a heavy well built unit with cross sections underneath for stability.

I do not think getting it hot enough should not be a problem as I Hot Rodded the burners on my four burner Kitchen Aid Gasser last year by drilling out the orifices .002 and installing an adjustable two stage gas regulator. It now heats fast and finally has even cooking temps across the grates. I am sure that the safety police would not approve of my mods but I watch it close when I use it and I have not had any issues with it. I am really looking forward to cooking on as soon as it comes in. I just got a package of ground chuck out of the freezer for the first smash burger cook.

First cook on my new griddle cooktop.

My griddle cook top for my gas grill came in today so I just had to try it out. I must say I am impressed by how well it is built. It is heavy duty and the fit and finish is good. I washed it up with dish soap and hot water and fired up three of the burners on my grill at about 1/2 open. Used some bacon fat to season it and it got up to temp pretty fast. I turned one of the burners off and started cooking. The burgers were about 1/3 lb of ground chuck ea. I rolled them in a loose ball and plopped them on the griddle and then smashed them. seasoned with Weber Gourmet burger seasoning and some Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce. Also put on a few Nathans all beef hot dogs. The burgers developed a great char and were excellent, very juicy and flavor full. I think I am really going to like this flattop grill attachment. Since I bought my Weber Kettle and my Trail Embers smoker I have hardly used the Gasser. This gives me the benefits two cookers in the space of one. The Wife said the burgers were really good so happy wife=happy life. A couple of pictures. Can't wait to do some omelet's on it Sunday morning for breakfast.

IMG_20190919_140648.jpg

IMG_20190919_140701.jpg

IMG_20190919_182144.jpg

IMG_20190919_182530.jpg

Back