Contest Announcment Hudson Valley RibFest 8/14 – 8/16 New Paltz, NY

HVRibFest

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
attachment.php

It’s time to get ready for the Hudson Valley RibFest!!!

On August 14, 15 and 16 the Hudson Valley RibFest is THE place to be for contest teams and lovers of finger-licking food in the Northeast. This year is the 5th annual RibFest organized by Highland Rotary Club.

Saturday 8/15 is the NEBS grilling contest with Pizza, Shrimp, Beef Steak and Desert as the entries.

Sunday 8/16 is the KCBS BBQ contest with Chicken, Pork Ribs, Pork But and Beef Brisket as the entries.

Total Prize Money this year is $10,000 with pay out for 1st through 5th / category, Grilling Champ, Reserve Grilling Champ, Grand Champ and Reserve Grand Champ.

The RibFest is a KCBS State Championship and also part of the Empire State Barbecue Championship ( www.nybbqchamp.com ).

For team applications, judging sign-up and more information visit www.hudsonvalleyribfest.org

We have room for 70 teams this year!

Rolf Oelgeschlager
Highland Rotary Club
RibFest Committee

Last edited:
...and this year we'll have grey water disposal, a grease bin for all the deep fryer’s and printed results for every team!!! :icon_cool

Nice. Would love to make it back this year. Plus I think I have free entry from Battle of the BBQ Brethren.

i will be there!,,not ready to compete yet,but hopefully the brethren will all have banners displayed so i can say hello. only 15 minutes from my house, so i have no excuses to miss this one,,cant wait!

Good news Rolf, glad to get your email today as well.
Hope to be there, not square.

Damn, I'll be in New Paltz on the 22nd. That sucks to miss this.

I'll be there. My first offical comp. Looking forward to it.

Welcome to the Club!!!
...I forget, don't newbe's have to bring a keg???:icon_devil

Fest

2/3rds of Team Tell You What will be there...bringin' a camper and copious quantities of hydration.

This is my favorite contest... I;m there!!! .. jsut printed the application and will get it out.. So hold me a spot in Brethren Row!

This is my favorite contest... I;m there!!! ..

Sheesh !!! HV is a fun contest but can't believe you'd rank it above the namesake contest of this forum !!!

This quote may come back to haunt you !!! :biggrin:

PS - Everyone can celebrate Phil's special birthday at HV this year...

well besides Battle of The Brethren of course. :)

We are back!

Primal Meat Smokers will be there...where we started...and fared well...

Looking forward to a Great Comp. and good times and fellowship...

App went out over a week ago... got an almost instantaneous reply... how cool! We are in, requested Brethren Row... will save you a spot Phil...! So which special birthday is it?

Last year I missed Hudson Valley Rib Fest... I flew instead to see my Dad in the Hospital...

Looking forward to cooking some Q with all of you...

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff and Craig et al...

Chubby Hubby will be there as well. Heard some good things about this event from those at williepalooza, can't wait to go.

I'm in

We are definetly in this comp. We are trying for a minimum of 4 Empire State Champion Comps. This will be our third and hoping to make Battle of the BBQ Brethren our fourth and final of the comp season.
See everyone there

Back