MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:22 AM   #1
Fishiest1
Full Fledged Farker

Default Cleaning Smoke/Burn Stains on stainless steel

Hey all,

Just wanted to throw this out in case anyone else has run into this. I had some pretty bad smoke/burn marks on the door of my BWS from accidentally not shutting the bottom coal door all the way during an over night brisket cook. I had tried many store "stainless steel cleaners" but they did nothing. My mom told me to try vinegar and baking soda and sure enough it cleaned right up.

Many may have already known this but for those who didn't (like me) you might want to try it to get your smoker all purty like again.

Thanks from: --->

Old 01-15-2011, 12:16 PM   #2
RAZORBACK JIM
Full Fledged Farker

Thanks for the info!!

Jim
WEBER PERFORMER
WEBER SMOKEY JOE
SMOKINTEX PRO 1400 (2)
BBQ GURU
[COLOR=red]RED[/COLOR][COLOR=black] THERAPEN[/COLOR]
PIT-MASTER IQ 110
RAZORBACK JIM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2011, 12:32 PM   #3
jestridge
somebody shut me the fark up.

vingar is good stuff , but I never clean stains anyway,
jestridge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2011, 04:11 PM   #4
chachahut
Full Fledged Farker

Oxyclean or ZEP Purple also work nicely.

To insure your BWS fire box is locked tight, go to your local hardware store & get a couple of replacement hinge pins (http://www.lowes.com/pd_308895-53458...Ntt=hinge+pins) There is a hole behind the handle. The pin will only go through if the door is tightly shut. I use these on both the fire box & cook box doors to make sure they are tight.

Backwoods Pro Jr.
Backwoods Competitor
busted Backwoods Fatboy
Weber 22.5 Kettle
some stainless wood fired thing
chachahut is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2011, 06:12 PM   #5
Fishiest1
Full Fledged Farker

Chachahut, thanks!