MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-26-2005, 07:29 PM   #1
Neil
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Default Farked my NuTemp

I have a 5 lb. sirloin tip on the Weber. Smoking to an internal temp of 135. In the meantime, I was downstairs sanding the built in shelves that got farked up by painting laytex over oil base. I had my NuTemp reciever on one of the shelves while I was sanding and suddenly it came crashing to the floor from the vibrations. One battery popped out and after I placed it back in it would only show the target temp and not the transmitter's temp. It also would NOT change to the other two channels. Has anyone had this problem before and been able to fix it? Any input would be appreciated.

Mange Bene Viva Bene!

Old Country Over/Under, Weber: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" WSM, Weber Performer(Col. Steve Austin Mod), Two 22.5" Kettles, & a Smokey Joe; Old Country 36" griddle, Luhr-Jensen Big Chief, Turkey Fryer, Rocky Mountain Camp Stove and a UDS.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-26-2005, 07:34 PM   #2
Jeff_in_KC
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default RE: Farked my NuTemp

Neil, are you sure you gave it enough time? Last weekend, I replaced the batt'ries in my NuTemp and it took like 5-10 minutes for it to register all three channels.
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-26-2005, 08:09 PM   #3
scottm4300
Full Fledged Farker

Neil, I'd have to dig mine out of a box to be sure (I'm in the middle of a move), but I want to say there is a little, non-descript reset button inside the battery compartment. No bigger than a pin head.

Scott
Turkey/Fish Fryer
Weber Grill
Campfire Pit
Trashcan
scottm4300 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-26-2005, 10:36 PM   #4
jgh1204
Babbling Farker

and this group knows pin heads.

Old 08-27-2005, 04:42 AM   #5
Neil

I took the batteries out of all four units before going to bed last night and just replaced them.....it works! I'm over the edge, a small disruption in my Q universe and it ruins my evening. Wife thought I was pissed at her and then she gets upsets.

Mange Bene Viva Bene!

Old Country Over/Under, Weber: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" WSM, Weber Performer(Col. Steve Austin Mod), Two 22.5" Kettles, & a Smokey Joe; Old Country 36" griddle, Luhr-Jensen Big Chief, Turkey Fryer, Rocky Mountain Camp Stove and a UDS.

Old 08-31-2005, 09:34 PM   #6
JohnMcD348
is One Chatty Farker

Default Re: RE: Farked my NuTemp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
I took the batteries out of all four units before going to bed last night and just replaced them.....it works! I'm over the edge, a small disruption in my Q universe and it ruins my evening. Wife thought I was pissed at her and then she gets upsets.
I know how that can be. My wife is going to Texas for a month and taking the baby with her to see her parents. I live in Florida. All I've been doing is running through my mind all the different meats and rubs I was going to be experimenting with while she's gone. I sit there in the living room and catch hell from her for not listening to a word shes said. I just tell hwer I was thinking about the Briskets I was going to try or the pulled pork.

JTMcD.

We sleep peaceful in our beds because Rough Men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm.......G. Orwell

Brinkman Smoke King Deluxe, The Famous StudeDera, Weber Smokey Joe Gold and Platinum, Brinkman Professional Grill, Brinkman ECB and 2 Weber Smoky Mountians
JohnMcD348 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-31-2005, 10:36 PM   #7
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil
Default RE: Re: RE: Farked my NuTemp

fyi

nu-temps sync up in 1 minute by placing reciever and transmitter about a foot apart. at the 2nd blinks of the transmitter light and you should be synced up.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-02-2005, 12:05 PM   #8
Neil

Default Re: RE: Re: RE: Farked my NuTemp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33
fyi

nu-temps sync up in 1 minute by placing reciever and transmitter about a foot apart. at the 2nd blinks of the transmitter light and you should be synced up.
Thanks for the info Poobah.

Mange Bene Viva Bene!

Old 09-02-2005, 08:05 PM   #9
Bigdog

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33
fyi

Thanks for the info Poobah.
All my nu-temps are in a basket on top of the tv cabinet. They all sleep together and are well synced. I'm hopping that they will reproduce and make more.
Pitman for Andy Groneman at the All Things BBQ cooking classes.
Smoke on Brother KC
Father of the Fatty (the name) 4/20/04 on the BBQ Brethren with inspiration from Brother parrothead.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-03-2005, 06:46 AM   #10
Neil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdog
All my nu-temps are in a basket on top of the tv cabinet. They all sleep together and are well synced. I'm hopping that they will reproduce and make more.

I'm sure Dave at Pal Products neutered them prior to shipping.

Mange Bene Viva Bene!

Old 09-03-2005, 07:55 AM   #11
rbinms33
is One Chatty Farker

Default RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Farked my NuTemp

I do mine the same way, Big Dog. Each sleeps in it's own little plastic baggie in a basket. I just wish they had an on/off switch. PITA to have to take the batteries out while I'm not using them so I just let them run down and replace them.

Perfect Smoke BBQ Team
Pork Me Baby BBQ Team
Coldwater, MS (just south of Memphis)

KCBS CBJ #7595
NB Bandera Mod E
Custom Drum Smoker
18" Weber Smoky Mountain
Weber Kettle One Touch Silver
rbinms33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-03-2005, 08:59 AM   #12
Bigdog

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdog

I'm sure Dave at Pal Products neutered them prior to shipping.
Farker.
Smoke on Brother KC
Father of the Fatty (the name) 4/20/04 on the BBQ Brethren with inspiration from Brother parrothead.

Old 09-03-2005, 09:02 AM   #13
Bigdog

Default Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Farked my NuTemp

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbinms33
I do mine the same way, Big Dog. Each sleeps in it's own little plastic baggie in a basket. I just wish they had an on/off switch. PITA to have to take the batteries out while I'm not using them so I just let them run down and replace them.
Now that is a good idea. You should tell them your idea. They may even send you a free one as thanks. Then again, maybe not. Remember, Dave is a farker.
Smoke on Brother KC

Old 09-03-2005, 09:14 AM   #14
rbinms33
is One Chatty Farker

Default RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Farked my NuTemp

Actually, I had thought about adding some sort of switch to the ones I have but figured that would be a serious PITA but I did have an idea. If I could somehow modify the battery cover so I could slide a thin piece of plastic between the battery and the contact, I'd be in business.

Perfect Smoke BBQ Team
Pork Me Baby BBQ Team
Coldwater, MS (just south of Memphis)

KCBS CBJ #7595
NB Bandera Mod E
Custom Drum Smoker
18" Weber Smoky Mountain
Weber Kettle One Touch Silver
rbinms33 is offline   Reply With Quote