Hijack This Thread

Had a pirate day yesterday. This only has anything to do with BBQ because we did GRILL (not barbecue) some burgers and hotdogs... Big pirate floatilla, 20 mile parade, then party for 4 hours afterwards.

Pirates were known as buccaneers which I think is french for to smoke or something, where's Jed when you need him.

I mostly smoke on WSMs. Sometimes I get frustrated with them (round cooking space vs square, sometimes a pain to access meat on the lower rack, etc.). But I keep buying more of them anyway.

My name is Jonathan, and I have a WSM problem. That's all.

Smoked my first Fatty this morning....
OMG!!!! Where has this been all my life?
I am not worthy :bow:

Attachments

• 0622140931.jpg
    0622140931.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 87
Little something I did on my BPS.

Not bad. Them babys was good! All though I fought to do them nekkid. I lost that battle to the wife and kids. They prefer sauce.

You know what I can't stand? How people always gotta go way over the top to tell you something you cooked is "So good", or "The best they have had", or anything to that effect.

No it's not. I know it's not. Its probably decent, but I can guarantee it is NOT the best you have had.

Why do they feel so obliged to say it then? Do they fear I will not let them put food on their plate from me ever again? I'd much more respect honest comments rather then someone lying to me to make me feel good. Just be real. I am.

You know what I can't stand? How people always gotta go way over the top to tell you something you cooked is "So good", or "The best they have had", or anything to that effect.

No it's not. I know it's not. Its probably decent, but I can guarantee it is NOT the best you have had.

Why do they feel so obliged to say it then? Do they fear I will not let them put food on their plate from me ever again? I'd much more respect honest comments rather then someone lying to me to make me feel good. Just be real. I am.

Exactly! I would rather someone be honest than diplomatic. If something is off or wrong I need to know so I can work on it and get it right. My family now days is real quick to let me know if something is not right.

I been busy as fark the last couple weeks. Plan was to swim and cook ribs today before flying to Mexico city tomorrow, but it's raining. Not really sure I care...Earl is begging me to get his insides burning!

Leave the keys with me. I'll cook everything in your freezer (on your cookers of course) and drink all your beer. Then I'll pee in the pool.

I cannot stand one of my sisters-in law....she's just an awful miserable person. Look in the dictionary under "money doesn't buy you happiness" and her pic will be there.

However...her son...my super cool nephew....had a birthday today. I couldn't have been happier to make him a couple of racks of ribs and bring them to his party. He was really happy to get them...and to see his uncle Dan. She of course had the sour puss face on with her fake "hi nice to see you". It was a pretty cool afternoon :mrgreen:

Today at a local store 3 guys in line had matchlight. It took all I had to not say something or just walk out. I mean we're in Texas...c'mon...we should know better:doh:

Today at a local store 3 guys in line had matchlight. It took all I had to not say something or just walk out. I mean we're in Texas...c'mon...we should know better:doh:

Obviously tourists from Canada.

I took some brisket to a lady at work and told her the only condition was I wanted honest feedback, not it was good. I already knew it was. :wink:

She came back and told me exactly what I was thinking. It needed more smoke flavor. She was exactly right as just the week prior I over smoked my ribs. She is also from Texas !

Its been said "if you want to know how good your food is start charging for it."

The fact of the matter is most of us have been taught to thank someone who spent time to prepare a meal. My dad's second wife made terrible dinners but dad wouldn't let me from the table until I thanked her and told her how delicious it was. It's just polite.

We here are striving to get better and want criticism so we can improve. It took me over a year to teach the old lady to tell me what she thinks.

Maybe all three were planing on burning something down, only use I could think of for matchlight. :biggrin1:

After and agonizing 9 week wait. My Lone Star GrillZ 24 X 24 Vertical Offset will be ready to pick up next weekend!!!!

Back