moink balls

energyzer

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
where is the best link for how to make MOINK balls? Been looking, but have not found the "standard"

Thanks in advance

I believe this is the official recipe. Make sure to get frozen Italian meat ta balls! http://thebbqgrail.com/recipes/recipe/bbq-grails-original-moink-ball-recipe

I made a modified version(not a true MOINK) last weekend using beef meat balls, my house rub, and a #5 sauce from another forum. I thought they were fabulous! Not sure why but they were even better reheated. Vince

brisket009.jpg

Hey Vance I am totally with you on the reheating :thumb: What is the #5 sauce, I've used LaChoy Sweet Sour sauce with good success.

This is a sauce I got from Steve Petrone on a wsm site. I normally cut the vinegar in half. But I have found this to be a good base that can easily be modified for your taste buds. He likes to add peppers or other preserves to it to change the flavors. I have read many versions that guys have spun off the original so have fun with it!

No. 5 Sauce

1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon worchestershire sauce
1 tablespoon rub

Opional but v. good: 1/4 cup meat drippings
(whats left in the foil after the rest)

Simmer to marry the flavors and thicken as desired.

Going to make some of these tonight and thanks for reheating tip..

I believe this is the official recipe. Make sure to get frozen Italian meat ta balls! http://thebbqgrail.com/recipes/recipe/bbq-grails-original-moink-ball-recipe

I made a modified version(not a true MOINK) last weekend using beef meat balls, my house rub, and a #5 sauce from another forum. I thought they were fabulous! Not sure why but they were even better reheated. Vince

brisket009.jpg

If you made your own italian meatballs from scratch, would the meat balls have to be cooked before going on the smoker? Not sure if frozen meatballs are precooked or not, never purchased them, always made our own meatballs.

Back