Re-heat Smoked Turkey Breast question

Spydermike72

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
OK, I will be smoking a 7-10lb turkey breast on Wed. This will be in addition to the oven baked turkey that the wife will be doing on Thursday. I will be brining the breast and smoking it on my WSM Wednesday.

What would be the best way to re-heat the boob on Thursday morning ?? My thoughts are to just put it back in the oven at about 300 degrees until it is about 150 internal (this will be just re-heating). Will it retain its moisture ? Any thoughts ??

I have had success wrapping in foil with a little chix broth.
The 150 temp is right...

I had read here last week that some folks recommended an oven bag for reheating. I'll be doing the same thing (bird tomorrow) for transport and would certainly like to hear what others have done and how successful it was.

Thursday morning place the big bird in boiling hot water. Shut burner off, drink three beers, then take out bird from boiling water. Then slice and serve. Then crash out on couch.

Thursday morning place the big bird in boiling hot water. Shut burner off, drink three beers, then take out bird from boiling water. Then slice and serve. Then crash out on couch.

And don't forget Dick's secret poultry seasoning........

I think the majority of us are all having the wiffey cook one in the oven and we are doing one on a cooker.

I have to work at 4am on Friday, so i think I might start drinking on Wednesday night and not stop until Thur afternoonl.

Back