• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What's Cookin'?...

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Yup...it's Friday! Sooo...what's on the smokers and grills this weekend?:biggrin: I'm not sure yet myself...my wife gets to choose the recipe this week..I'll get back to you! LOL!

JD

i have 6 slabs of baby backs on the large egg 5 hours into it... :biggrin:

I'm a bit Q'd out.......gotta do some burgers and dogs for a memorial for an old friend sunday but, no serious cookin' for a couple of weeks.

I got ten pounds of leg quarters on sale for around ten bucks. And though I have never tried this I also got a big pack of gizzards for 2.50 and going to rub and smoke them. Thats about it until the sun comes out again. Going to make it fun though.

Sunday doing a turkey for the first time on the UDS...and of course some fatties, ABT's for snacks. Wife makes some killer mac and cheese or cheezy potatoes in the cast iron...good chit man! :biggrin: Working tomorrow until around noon and then will figure what to fix. Make sure to post pics of whatever is cooking. :cool:

Doing Babybacks for the first time...HELP!! on the UDS. 2-2-1?,

Chicken thighs, and some good ol' Pork Butt. I just made a batch of South Carolina Mustard sauce...whhoooaaaa, good stuff! can't wait to try it tomorrow! Thinking of using it as a glaze tomorrow for chicken...

Keale, did babybacks last weekend on the UDS. Never wrapped at all and went about 4 hours. Basted a couple times...REALLY GOOD! When I do wrap, I only go 30-45 minutes and then back on the smoker unwrapped for 30-45 minutes. Wrap some and leave some unwrapped to see what you like best......it will ALL BE GREAT!!!!!!!!

Sunday doing a turkey for the first time on the UDS...and of course some fatties, ABT's for snacks. Wife makes some killer mac and cheese or cheezy potatoes in the cast iron...good chit man! :biggrin: Working tomorrow until around noon and then will figure what to fix. Make sure to post pics of whatever is cooking. :cool:

Okay Meatburner. More questions. Will your wife part with the mac and cheese recipe for the cast iron. I do a lot of dutch oven cooking and would like that recipe.

Thanks for all your help,
Brian

P.s. Smoking some tri tips and making Pig candy

Got 4 briskets 10 butts and 6 whole chickens going this week end.

trailerpics.jpg

Sorry about the picture not the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn trpical depression is about to blow right over my head so I will have to wait until morning to start the drum.

I have a BBQ shed but I just don't feel like running back and forth in the driving rain.

Guess I am turning into a wimp. 10 years ago I would have BBQed during a hurricane!

I have a new Spicewine Ironworks temperature gauge to try out. I plan to cook up a pork shoulder, some fatties and some chicken breasts....a full smoke to be sure!

I got ten pounds of leg quarters on sale for around ten bucks. And though I have never tried this I also got a big pack of gizzards for 2.50 and going to rub and smoke them. Thats about it until the sun comes out again. Going to make it fun though.
Farkin yardbird is expensive there. I pay about .49 per pound here.

Cooked some butt for my daughter and her friends last night. going to cook 20# of wings this morning getting ready for football today.

I'm doing some chicken practice. It was our worst category this year. The judges hated everything (chicken) I put in the box. :sad: Its gonna be a looooong winter filled with chicken thighs!!!!

Keale, did babybacks last weekend on the UDS. Never wrapped at all and went about 4 hours. Basted a couple times...REALLY GOOD! When I do wrap, I only go 30-45 minutes and then back on the smoker unwrapped for 30-45 minutes. Wrap some and leave some unwrapped to see what you like best......it will ALL BE GREAT!!!!!!!!

Thanks meatburner, I need the help, will try it for 4 hours...at least...

Lakeside, I'll be your guinea pig this winter!:p

Thanks meatburner, I need the help, will try it for 4 hours...at least...

Lakeside, I'll be your guinea pig this winter!:p

Mornin' Keale...I've not done BB's on a drum before...but I do them a lot on my WSM. I smoke 'em for about 4 hours at 250 degrees. I use a rib rack so I flip 'em after 2 hours and do my first "pull" test after 3 hours.

Good Luck!

JD

Will be putting on a 6# bacon wrapped pork loin, a phattie, 6 racks of spares and a 12 # prime rib.

Back