• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Two Briskets on a UDS

H2OFowl

Got Wood.
Reaction score
1st thank you to all the Brethren who offer advice and help us all to be better at our craft!!!

I have several options for a 2 brisket smoke in my UDS.

1) Use the two grate method with my Weber lid and foil.
2) Over lap the flat end of the briskets and rotate to get even cooking and bark.
3) Trim the briskets and make them fit side by side on the grate.

Any thoughts?

I'm a fat side down guy on the UDS but I still struggle with the flat drying out too much for my liking.

I believe you can stand 2 briskets on their sides with a bit of a curve on your top rack. Holding the briskets using skewers as required. keeping a gap at the points. Then you could put both flats tight together again with skewers. Use a drip on your second grate if you'd like.
No wrap, unless your prefer it that way. Once shrunk enough to wrap they should lay side by side for most average briskets.

My UDS is my go to. Try not to over think it. Remember, the more you mess the longer your cook. Side by side for this back yard cook. Tweek as little as possible. Try to maintain temps but dont worry about temp spikes to a great degree. Be patient and enjoy because all the great info suggested above will get you through your challenge.

I did 2 packers side by side on the upper grate on my UDS with no trouble a couple weeks back. They were around 13 lbs each pretrim...

I LUV HNF...

Back