MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:42 PM   #16
SirBBQ
Got Wood.

Where does he work in the plant?

Old 01-17-2013, 12:51 AM   #17
ssv3
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Sako

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBBQ View Post
I live in Simpson County and work at the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY. Monroe County is only a couple counties away, but they hold they recipes to their heart!

They take pork shoulder and slice it extremely thin. Place it on the smoke with some indirect heat at 250, mop it with a vineragary goodness that I can not figure out! Wait 11 minutes and then flip and mop it again......Wait 11 minutes and flip and the final mop.

I can not figure out the mop. It is just great! I dont feel like it is a NC type sauce....

Any thoughts or anyone know a decent recipe?
I knew your name sounded familiar NCM, BG and CF. I just drew a blank for a minute

Wow the Corvette, good bbq and the best bourbon whiskey all in one place. With the C7 here my plan is to do an R8C in a year or two.
Blackstone Griddle Retrofit
Blackstone Pizza Oven
WSJ(K) WGA(P) WJJ(CU) W22(BI) W26(CL)
Pit Barrer Junior
Kingsford Oval (resto mod)
ssv3 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2013, 01:03 PM   #18
SirBBQ
Got Wood.

ssv3, we are on other forums? I usually post as Adam Boca......What do you post as on CF?

Old 01-17-2013, 01:17 PM   #19
ssv3
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Sako

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBBQ View Post
ssv3, we are on other forums? I usually post as Adam Boca......What do you post as on CF?
I post with same (ssv3). I knew I had to run into some people from CF on here lol. Kind of off topic but at first I was sort of disappointed with the C7 and as soon as I saw a video of it in motion it grew on me.
Blackstone Griddle Retrofit
Blackstone Pizza Oven
WSJ(K) WGA(P) WJJ(CU) W22(BI) W26(CL)
Pit Barrer Junior
Kingsford Oval (resto mod)
ssv3 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2013, 04:18 AM   #20
blues_n_cues
is One Chatty Farker

ya know,with a few of us close together (more or less) we should discuss a SO.KY. BBQ get together when it warms up a little.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:11 PM   #21
SirBBQ
Got Wood.

I am up for that!

Where are you at?

I found this on Monroe County BBQ:

A third “major” Kentucky tradition is the “Monroe Co. style” dominating barbecue menus in 5 south-central counties: Monroe, Barren, Cumberland, Allen, and Warren. Locals refer to it as “shoulder.” Boston Butts are frozen and cut into thin slices, bone in, with a meat saw. Pitmasters burn down hickory slabs and shovel the coals underneath iron grates that hold dozens of slices of shoulder (and chickens and pork tenderloins), flipping and sopping them with a “dip” of vinegar, butter, lard, cayenne and black pepper. If you like spiciness, then order a shoulder plate “dipped”; milder palates might prefer “sprinkled”; idiots like me can ask for “suicide” and get a healthy ladle of sauce skimmed off the top of the dip pot, where the fat and spices mingle. Popular side dishes in this region include vinegar slaw and eggs pickled in this peppery vinegar dip.

http://www.southernbbqtrail.com/kentucky/index.shtml

Old 01-19-2013, 04:14 AM   #22
blues_n_cues
is One Chatty Farker

pm'd ya.