• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Possible UDS Barrel

BigdogKC

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I got a barrel for my brother-in-law, but I am not sure if it is ok to build into a smoker. It had an auto cleaner in it called Magic Dressing. It says harmful if swallowed, but I would think it would burn right out. What do you all think?

These were not the answers I thought I was going to get. I thought it would be an easy burn and wash and I'd be good to go. Is there a way to know for sure?

You could always build one and try it out on someone you really dont like. :)

Scott

These were not the answers I thought I was going to get. I thought it would be an easy burn and wash and I'd be good to go. Is there a way to know for sure?

Nothin is for sure brother. Got to agree with the brethren and pass on this one and look further. Unsafe will only kill you one time! Just my $.02.

I really wish I had asked this question before I went out an spent the gas money to get these things. Plus they cost $10 a piece. My brother-in-law bought them, but still I feel bad if he can't use them. Anybody got any cool ideas for using 55 gallon Drums??

Neighbor Bigdog...here is a thought. Search the threads for how brethren burn out their barrels and really, really, burn it out big time maybe 3 times.. Sand the inside big time, slather with grease, and burn again. That should be safe. See what the other brethren think about this.

I work for a chemical company and we deal with transportation of chemicals in "totes." I will go ahead and say that no it won't be safe. I don't know what Magic Dressing is, however I can guarantee that it is polymer/petroleum based. Bascially it's all non-organic, which means it will never break down, even if you burn it out. Only specific cleaning solvents are capable of breaking down the structure of polymer based chemicals, and not fire alone.

It's not worth the risk getting someone sick, but this is just my opinion.

I work for a chemical company and we deal with transportation of chemicals in "totes." I will go ahead and say that no it won't be safe. I don't know what Magic Dressing is, however I can guarantee that it is polymer/petroleum based. Bascially it's all non-organic, which means it will never break down, even if you burn it out. Only specific cleaning solvents are capable of breaking down the structure of polymer based chemicals, and not fire alone.

It's not worth the risk getting someone sick, but this is just my opinion.
Sounds like a better opinion than my advise and would follow it!!!!! Pass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bigdog just send them to me and i'll burn them out real good,do a study and send ya my findings :)...

Back