More oven cooked brisket

Sled,
step away from the internet.
the picture does not look good on my new monitor.

That recipe came from a newspaper down here in Texas? Oh, the shame of it all..............

Oops; took a picture of the smoke wood not the meat.

That looks disgusting. I thought that Texas was a good Q State. My first Comp Brisket looked better than that.

yucko ! and the pic don't help. why oh why do they even bother with articles like that ? just saw a bbq show and the guy was praising boiled ribs. almost got out of bed and stormed off. being a para prevented that though. wify is getting tired of me venting. she suffers soooo much.

Yeuch! That looks disgusting! The biggest mistake there is that it says to discard the marinade AFTER it soaked in it rather than before.

Oh, yeah, that looks nasty...:eek::mad:
0611brisketsmall.jpg

Looks more like a pot roast! The article should have read, How to ruin a good piece of meat!!!!!!!

Looks more like a pot roast! The article should have read, How to ruin a good piece of meat!!!!!!!

Looks like a pot roast, because it IS a pot roast.:twisted:
Calling that BBQ is like putting urine in a martini glass and calling it a Martini.

What got me was the lettuce wedge as a side dish. WTF? My wife would at least make me a salad. But just a wedge? Sheeech. :roll:

Susan Nicholson is an Atlanta cookbook author and registered dietitian.

The good news is that the idiots from the Dallas Morning News printed it, but it isn't a Texas recipe. And here I thought those folks in Georgia knew what BBQ was.

Back