High Plains Shenanigans - Ribs & Rubs Play

The Honey Killer Bee is great stuff, my daughter loves it on wings. Haven't tried the others. Your cook looks excellent. Smoked breakfast sausage is so underrated. Reminds me I need to stock up.

EPILOGUE:

My usual Sunday Morning Buttermilk Biscuits

ipBSd1Vh.jpg

Green Chile Fatty

50JKpzqh.jpg

Fatty, Egg, & Cheese Biscuit

LsGgnKkh.jpg

prGdEK0h.jpg

Why is there a pig skull on the chicken rub?

I'm assuming it is just their company logo, but I had some pork chops in the fridge, that needed cooked, and had a little of the 5 star chicken rub left, so I decided to give it a try. While it is great on chicken, I think it tastes even better on pork. I planned on buying more anyway, but now I might have to buy in bulk. Great stuff even on pork. Thanks again Sako, for turning me on to this.

Oh, and great job Shadow! Those biscuit sandwiches look great. I eat one for breakfast, most days. Sure beats MC D's. How was the Killer Bee Chipotle?

Those biscuit sandwiches look great. I eat one for breakfast, most days. Sure beats MC D's. How was the Killer Bee Chipotle?

Thanks, Josh! I decided I'd rather have some sort of homemade biscuit or some such in the morning vs. buying it. Homemade fatty, egg, and cheese is just the top of that proverbial shelf (IMHO).

Killer Bee Chipotle was really nice. Great sweet heat (subdued heat vs the taste test pre-cook), with really nice flavor. The higher sugar content gave rise to a little char in the smoker when she gave me a little grief with temp control... but, I'm very happy with all those bones on the rack.

Thanks, Josh! I decided I'd rather have some sort of homemade biscuit or some such in the morning vs. buying it. Homemade fatty, egg, and cheese is just the top of that proverbial shelf (IMHO).

Killer Bee Chipotle was really nice. Great sweet heat (subdued heat vs the taste test pre-cook), with really nice flavor. The higher sugar content gave rise to a little char in the smoker when she gave me a little grief with temp control... but, I'm very happy with all those bones on the rack.

Thanks for the info. Couldn't agree more on the sammies. I make them up a month at a time, wrap them in sandwich paper, and freeze in zip bags. Then reheat in the microwave. I was doing fatties, but fried them on the blackstone last time, and that was awesome. I bake my eggs in texas muffin pans, a lot quicker than frying the eggs. I like biscuits, but english muffins hold up better.

It looks like another stellar cook, Marc. The ribs looked perfect and the fatty's for breakfast look worth getting out of bed for.

Back