The Luther

Samichlaus

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
A bacon cheeseburger, which employs a Krispy Kreme in place of a bun.

According to urban legend, it was invented at Mulligan's bar in Decatur, Georgia on a day when the cook ran out of hamburger buns and decided to use two donuts instead. Its creator named the sandwich after R&B legend Luther Vandross, who reportedly enjoyed the sandwich; some rumors claim that Vandross himself invented his namesake burger.

Luther001.jpg

Luther002.jpg

Luther003.jpg

That looks good but its namesake, God rest him, had a stroke at the age of 52 and died at 54. I think I'll pass!

Arlin_MacRae said:
That looks good but its namesake, God rest him, had a stroke at the age of 52 and died at 54. I think I'll pass!

I knew just looking at that pic was making my arteries clog.

I saw a news story on this burger a couple weekends ago. It's being served at minor league baseball park somewhere and is very popular.

The had that on an episode of The Boondocks called "The Itis". You forgot the grilled onions, mayo and 2 other kinds of cheese.

Last edited:
I don't know which is worse, that or Elvis' Peanut Butte and Nanner Sandwich. I remeber seeing a show one time that siad just one of those sadnwiches had enough cholesteral in it to kill a man. I think it had a pound of bacon on it along with the peanut butter and Butter crust bread. And it was fried.

beerguy said:
Yep my arteries were gettin hard looking at that.

Do we really use our arteries? :biggrin:

jpw23 said:
Do we really use our arteries? :biggrin:

Good point, Jp, I can't honestly remember when I last decided to use one of my arteries for anything.:mrgreen:

scottd said:
Heart attack mod, comes with a free call to 911 clear

Thanks Scott, I carry a cell phone pre-programed to call 911 all the time. Hope those guy's ain't busy eating barbecue when I need them.:eek:

CarbonToe said:
I'm going to be sick.......:icon_smil

No chit. Im right there with ya CT. Im right here in Krispy Kreme country and those glazed are really sweet. I cant imagine that burger would be good for anything other than a coronary.

Reminds me of that "Friends" episode, where Jennifer Aniston made the trifle accidently mixing two different recipes. "Lady fingers, topped with beef sauteed with peas and onions..." Then that Joey going "what's not to like? Beef... Goood. Whipped cream... Goood." Etc...

Back