MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Old 05-19-2014, 10:55 AM   #1
Bamabuzzard
is One Chatty Farker

Default Facebook question for business owners

Good morning brethren,

For those of you who have legit BBQ businesses with a Facebook page. How many hits are you getting on a weekly basis? I normally average between 200-275/week. I encourage my readers to "share" our statuses to increase the number of people who see our posts. What say you?

www.doubledsbbq.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Double...12864168786570
Stumps Baby Gravity Feed Smoker
Backwoods Patio Unit
Char Griller Offset for grilling
Bamabuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-19-2014, 01:20 PM   #2
early mornin' smokin'
is One Chatty Farker

what do you mean by hits on Facebook?
here's our stats, direct from the pages app
5/13/2014-5/19/2014
2569 total page likes
99 new page likes
11,312 total reach
3,726 post reach
1,472 people engaged

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-19-2014, 07:38 PM   #3
HBMTN
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by early mornin' smokin' View Post
5/13/2014-5/19/2014
2569 total page likes
99 new page likes
11,312 total reach
3,726 post reach
1,472 people engaged
You got some sweet stats man!

Old 05-19-2014, 08:23 PM   #4
bshell7
Knows what a fatty is.

I dont have a bbq biz on FB (u pull it auto parts store)but have had good reach and likes with some minimal paid ads $5 day really surprised me. Key was to run FB only specials to see if it really was getting to your target market. Customer conversion into sales is more imp Irtant than number of likes. You can also promote your posts to a target audience
Large BGE
DCS 36in gasser
Thermapen Camo
Fire Pit BBQ Team
bshell7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-19-2014, 11:37 PM   #5
TailGateJoecom
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
Good morning brethren,

For those of you who have legit BBQ businesses with a Facebook page. How many hits are you getting on a weekly basis? I normally average between 200-275/week. I encourage my readers to "share" our statuses to increase the number of people who see our posts. What say you?
What you are looking for with your facebook page isn't how many people are going to your page, but how many are seeing your posts on their timeline, and maybe sharing your statuses. It sucks though since FB has really cut back on how many people get to see your posts unless you pay up to advertise.
[B][COLOR=Green][URL="http://www.tailgatejoe.com"]TailgateJoe.com[/URL] -- the #1 NY Jets gameday fanclub/tailgate party[/COLOR][/B]
[B]Fast Eddy's Cookshack:[/B] Dual FEC120s
[B]Meadow Creek:[/B] BBQ42
[B]Weber:[/B] Ranch Kettle, 22.5 WSM, OTG 22.5
[B]Pit Barrel Cooker[/B]
[B]Crown Verity gassers:[/B] 4 MCBs from 36-72 inch
[B]Instagram/[/B][B][B]Twitter[/B]/Facebook: [/B]@tailgatejoe
[B]Youtube: @tailgatejoedotcom[/B]
TailGateJoecom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-19-2014, 11:39 PM   #6
TailGateJoecom
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
5/13/2014-5/19/2014
2569 total page likes
99 new page likes
11,312 total reach
3,726 post reach
1,472 people engaged
Did you pay for any advertising on facebook?
[B][COLOR=Green][URL="http://www.tailgatejoe.com"]TailgateJoe.com[/URL] -- the #1 NY Jets gameday fanclub/tailgate party[/COLOR][/B]
[B]Pit Barrel Cooker[/B]

Old 05-20-2014, 08:23 AM   #7
Bamabuzzard
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
5/13/2014-5/19/2014
2569 total page likes
99 new page likes
11,312 total reach
3,726 post reach
1,472 people engaged
My god dude are you buying advertising from FB?

www.doubledsbbq.com
Backwoods Patio Unit

Old 05-20-2014, 08:29 AM   #8
Bamabuzzard
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailGateJoecom View Post
What you are looking for with your facebook page isn't how many people are going to your page, but how many are seeing your posts on their timeline, and maybe sharing your statuses. It sucks though since FB has really cut back on how many people get to see your posts unless you pay up to advertise.
Yeah, I knew they had to change something. I was getting over 3K views a week sometimes up to 5K views of my content/week then all of a sudden it drastically shrank to several hundred/week. Then like clockwork I started seeing FB offering advertising to "boost" my audience viewing.

www.doubledsbbq.com
Backwoods Patio Unit

Old 05-20-2014, 09:04 AM   #9
Will work for bbq
Babbling Farker

If it helps I just liked your page.

Agent 000 (Double O Zero)
Certified MOINK Baller

When all else fails just ask yourself, WWGALD???
Super sexy Farkernaut Avatar by N8man

Will work for bbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-20-2014, 09:09 AM   #10
early mornin' smokin'
is One Chatty Farker

tailgate and bama. I actually haven't paid a dime for advertising. Not in press, media, or Facebook. I do frequently ask, share and remind my friends and people who follow my personal page on Facebook to share it with friends and family.

We've lucked out with media exposure. We've only been open for 2 months, but have been in newsday, or newsday online 4 times, and we've been on news 12 for literally 2 weekends. I can tell you anytime you get press, you will pick up a 100 likes within minutes. After that it's a matter of keeping them engaged. I cross post from instagram to facebook with ridiculous hashtags. #awesome #ballsout #bacon #dontgobaconmyheart believe it or stupid things like this, people sit around and look at it.

It's all about generating a buzz, keeping it going, and keeping people engaged. If you're an infrequent poster on Facebook, and people don't actively like your stuff, Facebook literally stops posting your stuff on their page. Reminding them helps, a lot. I haven't had a single post that less than 1000 people have seen.

Old 05-22-2014, 01:21 AM   #11
TailGateJoecom
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
tailgate and bama. I actually haven't paid a dime for advertising. Not in press, media, or Facebook. I do frequently ask, share and remind my friends and people who follow my personal page on Facebook to share it with friends and family.

We've lucked out with media exposure. We've only been open for 2 months, but have been in newsday, or newsday online 4 times, and we've been on news 12 for literally 2 weekends. I can tell you anytime you get press, you will pick up a 100 likes within minutes. After that it's a matter of keeping them engaged. I cross post from instagram to facebook with ridiculous hashtags. #awesome #ballsout #bacon #dontgobaconmyheart believe it or stupid things like this, people sit around and look at it.

It's all about generating a buzz, keeping it going, and keeping people engaged. If you're an infrequent poster on Facebook, and people don't actively like your stuff, Facebook literally stops posting your stuff on their page. Reminding them helps, a lot. I haven't had a single post that less than 1000 people have seen.
Cool. The only reason I asked is it just those numbers seem out of whack given the number of page likes you have. But good for you! I know it is a lot of work to stay at the top of the pile with these social networks.

I honestly don't use my fb page nearly enough. I help other people get theirs going and just don't have the time/energy to do mine. Besides, my traffic and exposure is really centered around my website. I pretty much own the google results for my keywords and I am constantly getting new traffic there. In the end, my site is where I want people ending up, FB/twitter/IG are all like road signs to get them to the site. Without a great site of your own you are just playing the short game going for short term exposure.

Back in the day I was a waaaaayyyy early adopter of myspace for business marketing and exposure in a completely unrelated field I was in, (and not family friendly to talk about here, lol), and took that pretty far, just to see that site collapse in on itself. All that content and work is now wiped off the face of the internet and I have nothing to show for it. That is fine because it is not something I am involved in, but if it were TailgateJoe content it would suck. At least with my own site I can control and keep content as long as I want. None of these sites last forever.

Having said all that, I am gearing up for a doubling of efforts on my FB page and twitter and cracking into IG.
[B]Pit Barrel Cooker[/B]

Old 05-22-2014, 09:37 AM   #12
early mornin' smokin'
is One Chatty Farker

Joe, I say the same thing to myself daily. They seem very out of whack to me also. I've only got 2600 page likes, but some of my posts reach 8000 people. WHERE ARE MY 8000 page likes!?!??!?!!? Facebook is strange. And I do try and get people to my actual website. But ultimately it's about keeping my store full for when i'm open, and so far i've been successful in doing so.

Old 05-22-2014, 01:31 PM   #13
Bamabuzzard
is One Chatty Farker

I'm starting to wonder how accurate those stats are on FB. For example, in one day I had five people supposedly "unlike" my page (which it doesn't tell you who they are) then the very next day I have five new likes. But from five people who've long already liked my page. It's weird.

www.doubledsbbq.com
Backwoods Patio Unit

Old 05-22-2014, 01:43 PM   #14
TailGateJoecom
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Joe, I say the same thing to myself daily. They seem very out of whack to me also. I've only got 2600 page likes, but some of my posts reach 8000 people. WHERE ARE MY 8000 page likes!?!??!?!!? Facebook is strange. And I do try and get people to my actual website. But ultimately it's about keeping my store full for when i'm open, and so far i've been successful in doing so.
And that's the ultimate goal with all this marketing nonsense! What's the site for your place? Sounds like I need to make it out there some point this summer to try it out.
[B]Pit Barrel Cooker[/B]

Old 05-22-2014, 05:23 PM   #15
early mornin' smokin'
is One Chatty Farker

www.nofobacon.com