First UDS build

W

Wildhogfd

Hello all, I started my uds this week. Progress is a little slow but thats what happens when you have 4 kids. Hope to burn it out this week and put some fresh paint on. Will 500° paint be sufficient? I'm want it blue but haven't seen it in 1200°.
aefe76ed-4a82-7501.jpg
aefe76ed-4a90-09e3.jpg
aefe76ed-4a9c-5940.jpg

Looking good so far! I think you can buy engine paint in blue that's higher temp than 500 degrees. I like the rounded bolt heads that you used for the grate supports.

Thanks guys, yea I liked the neater finish, plus it was free and all stainless steel!

Good looking UDS. Just made mine over a month ago. Never been happier.

Good luck and have fun with this build! Lots of people use the 500 degree paint when they want colors. I think it will be fine too. Since I did mine in black, I primed with the 2000 degree primer and used the 1200 degree paint, but when I build my next one I'll be using the 500 degree paint with some colors. Looking forward to seeing more photos!

I agree it looks good so far and the 500 degree paint will be fine, you usually dont cook over 350 anyway so it won't hurt the paint.

I just you professional high gloss paint. It is not even high heat paint but it comes in so many more colors and I like the shiny look. It has never peeled or burned off so 500* paint is certainly fine.

....unless you're cooking a pizza! I've had mine well over 500. Regular paint should be fine, or there's several blue engine paints available.

032711010.jpg

I here ya about kids and slow progress, feel like mines taking forever to finish.

Back