• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Fridge

Have you checked for used?

You'll likely save about $300 - $400 going with a used fridge. Check around in your area - ask a couple local restaurants - there is usually at least one used equipment dealer in any given area. I'm in the middle of nowhere & have access to three. I often get 22 - 23 cu. ft. fridges for $700 - $800. Sure - they have "Tropicana" or "Pepsi" painted on the side but their still certified & DOH approved.

I bought an Artic Air start of spring and have in my garage. It's ran incredible, even with 90% + humidity and temps this summer. I think they are one of the few who's warranty doesn't exclude outside or garage use. I also know a couple comp teams that have them in their trailers.

Keep in mind. A used fridge may be using out of date cooling

Yes - if you buy used from a shady dealer it may be using out of date cooling or be faulty. If however you go with a reputable dealer - one who specializes in selling restaurant equipment (hence my recommendation to check local restaurants for where they get equipment) - you will not only save several hundred dollars but also generally get a warranty & follow up service.

As a restaurant owner I can tell you this one simple fact - most restaurants rarely buy anything new. Too much quality used equipment available from reputable dealers to justify spending money that could be used buying inventory or putting in the bank. I've owned several used 22 cu. ft. fridges (most of the Tropicana/Pepsi variety) that consistently hold 37 degree temps and have never paid more than $800.

Restaurant Depot is only 10mi from you. They do have good prices in STL store. Worth a try!

Restaurant Equippers is my supplier because I like new not used. Just a personal preference. Make up a bigger order and shipping is not much. Price is excellent

I have 2 Arctic Air Fridges and one freezer in the trailer and swear by them.

I bought an Artic Air start of spring and have in my garage. It's ran incredible, even with 90% + humidity and temps this summer. I think they are one of the few who's warranty doesn't exclude outside or garage use. I also know a couple comp teams that have them in their trailers.

Keep in mind. A used fridge may be using out of date cooling

Same here, I've had the Arctic Air running in my garage all summer and it's ran like a champ. This will go in my comp. trailer that I'm getting next month. Picked mine up from Restaurant Equippers.

Back